No driver driver participation

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Limper, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

It always amazes me now that peak is approaching and considering last year's disaster, that management has zero interest in driver's insight or
    opinions on how to better get thru peak.

Is it arrogance or stupidity that prevents them from asking our thoughts,
    especially the senior drivers.

Well, if we go down in flames it's on them.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

True to an extent here. If I proactively offer my thoughts, they'll listen, but doubtful they would follow through until after service failures occur.
  3. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

They are puppets (OCs & CMs). No original thoughts... They get told what to say at PCM word for word from a corporate email...
  4. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

You're trying to make sense. Stop it.
  5. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

I know ways peak could go easier. I have always thought, give the rookies, the business, and pick ups, and let the ones with area knowledge bite into the resis early. That way no flurry of dfus , and no way can a rookie deliver resi as fast as we can. Businesses are easy to find, as are pickups. And we could give a list of the description of delivery points, and pu points, alot easier than telling them where its ok to leave stuff and where it is not.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. but on upsers the guy said that they took feedback from drivers to make this peak better! Lololol.. Its just going to be as bad as last year.
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Every year UPS claims they will listen to employees about peak but every year they also ignore the suggestions made.
  8. idrivethetruck

idrivethetruck Slow & steady wins the race.

Like "Shift Inhibit" stated, they are puppets. If it's not coming from corporate, they won't do it, they're not allowed. We had a center manager a couple years ago who actually cared for his drivers. One day, when corporate said he could only put in 40 routes, he told us in the PCM that he was tired of overworking us so he dispatched 42 routes. He was terminated and walked out the gate by security the next day!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

This works exceptionally well as my on road has done this for my loop since he became my on road 3 years ago.

We have a seasonal route that does nothing but businesses until 3-4. He then a has P/Us and boxes until 645 and heads in. Meanwhile all the regular guys have 20-30 businesses and the blast resis after noon until 7 or later with few if no P/Us.
  10. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Not our boss. He consistently puts in extra routes and asks us to get it done.

We do.

Because he still believes in acting like a partner and we all still act like professional drivers
  11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I highly doubt the two were related.
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

Ours does the same and for the most part we bring it in.
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'm really surprised he was terminated. I know a center manager just like that but usually they just get shipped to hell.
  14. So you can wash his car,cut his grass,or shovel snow??
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

You forgot...dust under his desk!
  16. He has no game! when he loses,takes his ball and goes home. Then calls you a bad name.....BIG FAT ZERO!
  17. Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Whatbrownwontdoforyou Well-Known Member

For us I think it's going to be worse we lost about 12 drivers to retirement and transfers but we are not to worry because we have 3 new hires
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

Our center has been very proactive in their Peak preparation plans. We have lost only one driver (retirement) and have gained 10-12. A lot of new faces at our PCM's.
  19. Same her. Lost a few due to retirement,a few more to preload,a few to feeders and a few quit or got fired!

Yay,fun peak!
  20. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

You talkin' crazy!