No Raise this Year?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
. Of course not. Why would they have those out.
I know. I told my manager that I guess it would have made too much sense for FedEx to make the papers available for mgmt to look over as they were on the conference call. It's like they're control freaks and they release JUST a little info at a time.

Purplepackage

I know. I told my manager that I guess it would have made too much sense for FedEx to make the papers available for mgmt to look over as they were on the conference call. It's like they're control freaks and they release JUST a little info at a time.

My manager said he should know the amounts with charts by Monday or Tuesday. He called raise substantial aka 3% I'd assume, but let's be honest that is substantial compared to years of no raises at all

optikz

My manager said he should know the amounts with charts by Monday or Tuesday. He called raise substantial aka 3% I'd assume, but let's be honest that is substantial compared to years of no raises at all
heard the same thing. heard the step system will go up 3% as well and depending on where you fall after your initial 3% and will advance to the next step. so say you're over step 2 by a few cents, you will go to step 3. so you can get a "substantial" raise if you are one of those people lol. at least that's how I interpreted what he said. then again, he probably confused as all hell as well

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
heard the same thing. heard the step system will go up 3% as well and depending on where you fall after your initial 3% and will advance to the next step. so say you're over step 2 by a few cents, you will go to step 3. so you can get a "substantial" raise if you are one of those people lol. at least that's how I interpreted what he said. then again, he probably confused as all hell as well
No. Mine said the same thing.

fdxsux

What premiums?
I guess some stations where they have trouble keeping employees due to the high cost of living get a certain percentage premium, kind of like a market increase without an actual market increase. I asked him if this also included the .30 swing driver premium. He said they didn't mention that specifically bit he thinks it will probably be done away with as well.

vantexan

Anybody that has worked at FedEx for a while and isn't topped out should have a beef. How can you even ask that question?
Again, as I pointed out, I wasn't trying to be snarky. You went off about what someone said and I was trying to figure out what you were exactly going off about. And I'm sorry, but I'm the second biggest complainer, not the first.

vantexan

Gee...that's just friend-ing great, a vast majority of employees will see a 3% raise and a small sliver of a bump, and just fall further back in the race to get topped out.

In other words a majority of mid range employees will see a smaller % raise this year than they did last year.

People-service-profit baby!!!
You guys are talking with a lot of authority about things that haven't been presented to us yet. Heck, earlier this summer people here were claiming their station received a market pay increase when that won't happen until October. Which means there's a lot of rumors, people making up stuff, and people getting angry when there isn't a reason to yet. Let it play out, facts and figures are supposed to be available soon.

Why is this taking so long to be released? I'm being told they eliminate the highest market and bump them down and bump the lowest up. Then it pays for itself. Yes that is what I "heard"

fdxsux

Why is this taking so long to be released? I'm being told they eliminate the highest market and bump them down and bump the lowest up. Then it pays for itself. Yes that is what I "heard"
I doubt it would pay for itself. Surely the number of employees in the highest market level pales in comparison to the number of employees in the lowest market level. It would help defray the cost a little though. FedEx never gives anything without taking a large portion back somewhere else.

MAKAVELI

I doubt they would eliminate the highest. Those areas usually have high cost of living and more high paying jobs in the area to compete for workers.

fdxsux

The worst part of this is that 10+ year employees are simply going to land on whatever step their pay corresponds to and still have to wait years to top out. Ridiculous. The more things change the more they stay the same.

MAKAVELI

The worst part of this is that 10+ year employees are simply going to land on whatever step their pay corresponds to and still have to wait years to top out. Ridiculous. The more things change the more they stay the same.
Exactly. They just keep moving the carrot.

fedex_rtd

There really is no reason that they could not top out every 15+ year employee if they wanted to do so.

Look at all the past takeaways. They did away with the traditional pension in 2008, a few years latter they did away with the second and third shift premiums. They skipped one year of pay raises and they moved our normal March raise to October.

Do you really trust the company to do the right thing for us in pay action???

McFeely

Huge Member
I guess some stations where they have trouble keeping employees due to the high cost of living get a certain percentage premium, kind of like a market increase without an actual market increase. I asked him if this also included the .30 swing driver premium. He said they didn't mention that specifically bit he thinks it will probably be done away with as well.

We had a pay premium a while back due to employee retention at about 4 stations near mine. It was a 15% premium to keep people through peak season and it lasted maybe 3 months. It was awesome while we had it. Sometimes I hope that more newbies will quit so we can get that premium again for a bit :D

As far as swing driver premium going away? That would be awful. Can you imagine being an off-the-street swing driver and getting your ass handed to you on every route for your first few months, only to find out you're getting paid the same as the guy who does the same route every day of the year? And your swings only get $.30 extra now? There's no way I'd even sign up for a swing position for a lousy 30¢. Good grief.