No Raise this Year?

Preventable

This morning I found out everyone is getting 3% this year including topped out people. The step plan in coming in, and he will share the chart for our station in early September (This is probably the thing they are find the right spin for). Also number of market levels is being reduced, yay!, I guess since I am on the bottom market level this is going to be another mini raise?

Edit: I don't really want to reveal too much about the station because it sounds like my manager let the cat out of the bag too early? How can you guys not know, this information was passed on before our planes were even there.

Jayhawk

Going from 7 market levels to 5. At least a 3% raise for everybody but our manager said it wouldn't be announced until conference call this afternoon

optikz

This morning I found out everyone is getting 3% this year including topped out people. The step plan in coming in, and he will share the chart for our station in early September (This is probably the thing they are find the right spin for). Also number of market levels is being reduced, yay!, I guess since I am on the bottom market level this is going to be another mini raise?

Edit: I don't really want to reveal too much about the station because it sounds like my manager let the cat out of the bag too early? How can you guys not know, this information was passed on before our planes were even there.
well I'm in the lowest market level so even if we go up one level, it's $1.26 extra plus 3% of that could push it closed to $2 more per hour. I'm sure people will still complain but if this happens, it's better than nothing. most jobs give you a few cents a couple times a year

Jayhawk

well I'm in the lowest market level so even if we go up one level, it's $1.26 extra plus 3% of that could push it closed to $2 more per hour. I'm sure people will still complain but if this happens, it's better than nothing. most jobs give you a few cents a couple times a year
It's BS if true after talking up the step progression BS for the past year and a half.

vantexan

I dropped a $1.14 going from A to B. If I get that back plus a decent raise I'll stick around until bills are paid.

Heard from my manager recently(who has been a pretty reliable source) that the raise in oct will be 3% for topped out couriers, 3% for courier making the minimum, and 6% for everyone in bw.

But as we all know, seeing is believing.

fdxsux

Apparently everybody gets 3percent. If after the 3 percent you are in between steps (most people will be), then you will be bumped up to the next step. They are reducing the number of market levels to 5. They didn't say which ones they were eliminating. My manager also said they are getting rid of premiums but are supposed to build them into the payscales.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Apparently everybody gets 3percent. If after the 3 percent you are in between steps (most people will be), then you will be bumped up to the next step. They are reducing the number of market levels to 5. They didn't say which ones they were eliminating. My manager also said they are getting rid of premiums but are supposed to build them into the payscales.
What premiums?

whatwhat

I saw the printout, everyone is getting 3% at a minimum. Top and bottom is getting raised by 3%. If your in a the middle of a step after the 3% you will get bumped up to the next step, even just one cent over. So some are getting screwed bexuase you will land right on a step and get only 3% and others will be just above a step and get bumped up to the next one and get a much bigger raise. They are reducing the amount of market levels AND pay codes (job codes such as handler and csa and whatnot). The handout for that along with the current step system will be available in about 2 weeks.

fedex_rtd

I saw the printout, everyone is getting 3% at a minimum. Top and bottom is getting raised by 3%. If your in a the middle of a step after the 3% you will get bumped up to the next step, even just one cent over. So some are getting screwed bexuase you will land right on a step and get only 3% and others will be just above a step and get bumped up to the next one and get a much bigger raise. They are reducing the amount of market levels AND pay codes (job codes such as handler and csa and whatnot). The handout for that along with the current step system will be available in about 2 weeks.
Gee...that's just friend-ing great, a vast majority of employees will see a 3% raise and a small sliver of a bump, and just fall further back in the race to get topped out.

In other words a majority of mid range employees will see a smaller % raise this year than they did last year.

People-service-profit baby!!!