No Raise this Year?

Gone fishin

If they were not going to freeze steps don't you think this would be something they would make clear with everyone, be transparent etc. instead of being all hush hush and shady about all this? They would be screaming it from the rooftops if they had no shady intentions.
Personally , I think this will be yearly causes. They are losing to many good couriers

Gone fishin

Disappointment and lies are SOP at FedEx. Sounds like you are starting to figure it out. Believe it or not, we're trying to help you.
You know the game. If you can't play you should move on. I'm lucky enough I don't need to bring home a lot. If I did I would do a 2 yr trade school or something. People act as if they have to work here. You don't. You really don't. Do what's best for you and your situation. Life's short ,play hard

Serf

Remember. Several years from now. If the economy is stagnant, oil is up, shareholders pissed, and the sky is blue. Express can and will tell you it's for your own good that you are not increasing a step this year. While UPS/DHL have ink new labor agreements for way more beans.

Gone fishin

Remember. Several years from now. If the economy is stagnant, oil is up, shareholders :censored2:, and the sky is blue. Express can and will tell you it's for your own good that you are not increasing a step this year. While UPS/DHL have ink new labor agreements for way more beans.
Exactly. If you are unable to live a great life move on. I see people complain and rightly so,but quit being a victim and better your situation.

Serf

Exactly. If you are unable to live a great life move on. I see people complain and rightly so,but quit being a victim and better your situation.
I wish to convey my message as friendly as possible. But what exactly do you mean by "If you are unable to live a great life move on?"

Gone fishin

I wish to convey my message as friendly as possible. But what exactly do you mean by "If you are unable to live a great life move on?"
If this job doesn't give you what you want in life. Change the day man. Be great. Go to some school and do better. No offense to anyone. Sometimes just a kick in the ass

Serf

I want a small one bedroom apartment on the outskirt of town. One where I can here my neighbor, "Aunt Jean" on the left snoring with her TV volume on high. And on the other side of my humble abode I can hear Priscilla and Jose having rompa room sex. Outside, a 2005 Jeep Cherokee with 143,000 miles. Last weeks 1 hour and 23 minutes of time and a half enabled me to pick up an extra 18 pack of beer for this weeks football games. I am great.

dex 84

I want a small one bedroom apartment on the outskirt of town. One where I can here my neighbor, "Aunt Jean" on the left snoring with her TV volume on high. And on the other side of my humble abode I can hear Priscilla and Jose having rompa room sex. Outside, a 2005 Jeep Cherokee with 143,000 miles. Last weeks 1 hour and 23 minutes of time and a half enabled me to pick up an extra 18 pack of beer for this weeks football games. I am great.

Don't expect too much and you'll never be disappointed...

Gone fishin

Sounds good man. Is that a country song

vantexan

Am happy yet a bit dissapointed i only got 1.10 22.21 hr ..i was hoping more but its ok. I still got my house n am living confortable. I am not selfish one guy at my sta got 2.75 raise and some are well over 30 plus hour...lucky for them. I hope to be there in 6 years am step 4.
PS i spoke to sm and he said it was certain they could not chage the steps or freeze them. They had a meeting w all vps
So am getting this from a good source.
How is it that 10 year employees are at step 2 but you're at step 4?

Nolimitz

I'll have 7 years in Mar. 3% plus a bump into step 2 for a total of 6.8% new rate of 17.50 Gal sitting next to me in meeting has 13 years 3% plus .01 stayed in step 2. Another guy missed the step by a nickel also in step 2 after 11-12 years. We were market B now "base" whatever that is?

Amazing that years of service were not even considered. Last years new hires also going into step 2 at 17.50

vantexan

You know the game. If you can't play you should move on. I'm lucky enough I don't need to bring home a lot. If I did I would do a 2 yr trade school or something. People act as if they have to work here. You don't. You really don't. Do what's best for you and your situation. Life's short ,play hard
Okay, but what about hanging in there for the pension in spite of the bad pay, then they terminate the pension just as the biggest recession in 70+ years hits? Or maybe one lives in an area where FedEx Ground is about the only option that pays better than Wal-Mart, McDonald's, or Circle K? There's not a one size fits all solution for everyone as different regions, different market conditions, family obligations, etc add up to reduce options. The one thing that really bugs me is we invest a large portion of our lives on promises made by companies and then when those promises aren't kept there's always someone saying either live with it or completely turn your life upside down at 42, 48, 53. It's always on us, don't complain, don't point out company wrongdoing. Well I think we should shout it out loud to prevent new victims or make the company act more responsibly with their employees' livelihoods.

Gone fishin

Okay, but what about hanging in there for the pension in spite of the bad pay, then they terminate the pension just as the biggest recession in 70+ years hits? Or maybe one lives in an area where FedEx Ground is about the only option that pays better than Wal-Mart, McDonald's, or Circle K? There's not a one size fits all solution for everyone as different regions, different market conditions, family obligations, etc add up to reduce options. The one thing that really bugs me is we invest a large portion of our lives on promises made by companies and then when those promises aren't kept there's always someone saying either live with it or completely turn your life upside down at 42, 48, 53. It's always on us, don't complain, don't point out company wrongdoing. Well I think we should shout it out loud to prevent new victims or make the company act more responsibly with their employees' livelihoods.
Your defintely right. Age makes a huge difference. My point is if your young enough,get the hell out and make a better life. You know what your getting at fed ex. Right?

vantexan

Your defintely right. Age makes a huge difference. My point is if your young enough,get the hell out and make a better life. You know what your getting at fed ex. Right?
Except if you're say 27, and of course assuming they'll top you out in 9 years, you're much better off with FedEx now than couriers in midrange over the last 15+ years. The ones who are complaining are the ones who got reamed by the company and are now in their 40's looking at another 6+ years til better money while someone can walk off the street and do better in a much shorter time. The older guys have earned the right to complain after everything they've been through.

Gone fishin

Except if you're say 27, and of course assuming they'll top you out in 9 years, you're much better off with FedEx now than couriers in midrange over the last 15+ years. The ones who are complaining are the ones who got reamed by the company and are now in their 40's looking at another 6+ years til better money while someone can walk off the street and do better in a much shorter time. The older guys have earned the right to complain after everything they've been through.
Yep. Your right. At the end of the day if things work out 60 grand or so is not that bad. You and you alone controll what happens in your life.
I think I'm saying the guys on here thinking things are change in a monumental way are mistaken. This job and pay is what it is. Ya know

Purplepackage

Yep. Your right. At the end of the day if things work out 60 grand or so is not that bad. You and you alone controll what happens in your life.
I think I'm saying the guys on here thinking things are change in a monumental way are mistaken. This job and pay is what it is. Ya know

My buddy got his son in law to be a job here 2 years ago, 21 when he started making 16.50 as of October 2nd he will be at 19.53. For someone who got that many raises in 2 years I'm sure this job doesn't seem so bad

SmithBarney

How is it that 10 year employees are at step 2 but you're at step 4?

Because a very small select number of B level stations will get the A level bump before 3%. and step.

As a side note, spoke to a co worker(2yr employee) some how is currently making less than our current starting wage. after 3% and step, lands below STEP 1...

Disappointment and lies are SOP at FedEx. Sounds like you are starting to figure it out. Believe it or not, we're trying to help you.
I been in the game a while. I don't need to realize or figure out anything. Am content and living good . Some are more fortunate than others yet I don't play victim or become bitter. I'll top out at 6 years. I'll b 32 yrs old perfect :)