North Carolina Drivers

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brown15, Mar 10, 2007.

1. brown15

brown15 New Member

Can anyone tell me what starting pay for drivers is in NC? What do you top out at?

2. Anonymous 74

Anonymous 74 Guest

starting pay is 14.97 then after 30 days 15.97 and on 8/1/07 28.27 will be top pay

3. downtown

downtown New Member

14.70 30 Days
    15.75 1 Year
    16.80 1 Year
    18.90 6 Months
    Then current top rate Around 28.05 according to Atlantic Aera Supplemntal Agreement

4. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

That's a quick jump. We here in New York have to wait 30 months for top rate.

5. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

The progression for employees entering a package car driving or feeder position after August 1, 2002 shall be as follows:

Start $14.70

Seniority $15.75

Twelve (12) months $16.80

Twenty-four months $18.90

Thirty (30) months (current top rate)

It might be different for you down south.

Do you currently work for UPS? check your contract book.

6. brown15

brown15 New Member

I work for UPS as a driver but in western conference. I'm trying to do a rehire because I have a baby that was born with some issues and I need the resources there.

7. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

Good Luck! I hope everything works out for you and your family.

8. brown15

brown15 New Member

Thank you. If anyone from the Raleigh area could help out with a contact I would appreciate. I have letter of recommendation, letter from my HR saying that they tried to transfer me, and medical records. My family would really appreciate it. Right now we're in the process of mailing everything to HR out there to see what happens.

9. Just Lurking

Just Lurking Member

I believe that will be top rate for driver finished with progression no someone being hired today.

10. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

That's what I was thinking.

11. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

and you guys lives like kings down there!!!!!

12. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Thank God for IBOT... :/

13. whiteturbo

whiteturbo New Member

Does anyone know for sure what the start pay is and how long until top pay? I think the freight union is start 70 % first year then 80 and so on until top pay. I would not think UPS would pay top pay after a few months.

14. I recently got a combo job. I passed my 30 days. Do I get an increase aswell? or is it every six months until i hit top rate?

15. whiteturbo

whiteturbo New Member

The progression for employees entering a package car driving or feeder position after August 1, 2002 shall be as follows:

Start
    $14.70
    Seniority
    $15.75
    Twelve (12) months
    $16.80
    Twenty-four (24) months
    $18.90
    Thirty (30) months
    (current top rate)

This is from the contract..I guess this is still true.

16. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

It's still true. I love how they nickel and dime us for 2 years and then after the last 6 months drop an almost $9 raise on us....because 6 months makes such a difference....:mad:

17. steffieup

steffieup New Member

Have your steward contact the teamsters in NC for the exact dollar amount.

18. MR_Vengeance

MR_Vengeance United Parcel Survivor

no progression rate for feeder here in cali. i get feeder rate whenever i do feeder work.