Obama...the Warmonger president

moreluck

golden ticket member
allie.jpg

wkmac

Democrat Congressman Jerry Nadler NY has called President Obama "A Monarch" when it comes to War Powers. The question is, when does he exert the same amount of control over the rest of State power? I'd argue he already does and can with executive orders and control over the administrative agencies of gov't who weld almost total police powers.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Of the 100,000 troops, 2/3 were sent by Obama. When he took office there were 32,000 troops in Afghanistan. He may have inherited a war, but he ramped it up. His decision to draw down gradually apparently pleases no one, so it's probably a lame call.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Of the 100,000 troops, 2/3 were sent by Obama. When he took office there were 32,000 troops in Afghanistan. He may have inherited a war, but he ramped it up. His decision to draw down gradually apparently pleases no one, so it's probably a lame call.

The surge was intended to bring the war to a close and to hand control over to the Afghans. The surge was also intended to be for a limited time. The first intention has been met and the second will be when the drawdown begins.

moreluck

golden ticket member
And what about the part where the Afg. police are trained and can handle things themselves. I'm told they can't even read directions in English......or do I have this confused with Iraq? So many wars, no programs.

over9five

Staff member
And what about the part where the Afg. police are trained and can handle things themselves. I'm told they can't even read directions in English......or do I have this confused with Iraq? So many wars, no programs.

Not just English, they can't read at all.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
we train them well enough, many Afg. have decided to kill the very US troops who train them.

The whole situation is weird. In order to get supplies overland to our bases, we pay protection monies to the same people who we use those supplies against.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lady Gaga complained that the U.S. is allowing Iran and N. Korea to get nukes and we have to stop them. Before the White House makes any decision, they're waiting to hear from Britany Spears.

~Argus Hamilton~