Obamacare socks Union Health Plans with 40% tax

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bellesmom, May 19, 2013.

1. bellesmom

bellesmom Member

2. Atomic_Smurf

Atomic_Smurf Well-Known Member

Amazing that our union leadership enthusiastically supported this law with a $27.5k threshold on family plans. It since has been raised but still caps our bennies. Imagine our union agreeing to cap our pay 20 yrs ago & we were reaching that cap now. That's what this law does not only for our future healthcare plans, but for our current to keep them as far away from the 40% tax as possible. It's just one of the 21 new Obamacare taxes that are pushing working class Americans out of their employer health plans.

3. bogeyball

bogeyball Member

Huh?

But the enlightened one said that we could keep our plan if we wanted..... can you see a connection, being forced into universal health care. Our beloved Union is complicit in this whole damn scheme.

4. steward71

steward71 Active Member

Re: Huh?

Bingo, you have been awake. Good for you.

5. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Re: Obamacare socks union helath plans with 40% tax

So for a family plan of $30,000 the tax would be $(30,000-27,500) x .40. That's 40% of $2500. That's $1000. Sounds like a damn good deal to me.

6. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Re: Huh?

He also said that if you make less than $250k a year, your taxes won't go up a penny.

Would this make him a liar?

7. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Nope. He didn't lie, they did not go up a penny.

8. brown_trousers

brown_trousers Active Member

What world do you live in that it is good to pay an extra $1000 a year? I wasnt paying $1000/yr before obamacare! It sounds like I will be now! Its true that health care costs have been rising, but I doubt my tax bill would have risen so fast without obamacare!
    Repeal this obamacare garbage!

9. bbsam

I agree. I think the troubling thing is the amount of fear mongering going on about things that are now very well documented. We know at least this much that is in the law and yet still there is this ridiculous notion of thousands and thousands of tax dollars on the UPS helth plan. It just isn't so. If you want to hate Obamacare, go ahead. But hate it for what it is (if you even know) not for what it isn't.

10. bbsam

The plan I have for my family of five runs just under $13000 a year. $1000 is a great deal.

11. Atomic_Smurf

Why are working people having their earned benefits taxed while premiums skyrocket? I thought obamacare was going bring down costs for working class Americans. If Republicans had done this our union leaders would have us marching in Washington right now.

12. Atomic_Smurf

13. bbsam

It very well may. It isn't fully implemented. I don't know how folks attribute increases that have been going on for decades to something not yet up and running.

14. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

I do ponder that if McCain had been elected and then re-elected, and ObamaCare never came to fruition, who'd you be blaming for UPS asking us to share in rising health care costs.

15. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Re: Teamster healthcare downgrades will continue until...

(*) (*)

boobies....

16. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Remember these guys?

[​IMG]

17. bbsam

18. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

Old boobies

(.) (.)

19. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

This is what 407 and TOS don't understand..They are in love with Obama whom has screwed our healthcare forever..

20. Atomic_Smurf

I would have expected McCain to pass meaningful healthcare reform. Not the trogan horse lie that redistributes the benefits of the working class.