Obama's proposed minimum wage ($10.10) surpasses UPS's & hall "sweet-heart" Deal!

Ouch

[quite="Inthegame, post: 1267923, member: 37112"]If you really think the President answered your e-mail, I'm beginning to understand why your BA told you to call hall.[/quote]
If you really read what the whole thread was saying, I even said it was a form letter that everybody gets in a responce from a president. I don't know why you are so upset because I'm giving a true statement about trying to contact a union representative and receiving a call back or a letter or email or anything for that matter. Are you his agent? Do you book his appearances cause if you do I will go ahead and tell you, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!! Seeing how you didn't take the time to read the first part when I talked about receiving a form letter from the President maybe you don't need to be so quick to comment on something you know nothing about.

Ouch

Hoaxster did you not read my statement about my email being a form letter that everyone receives? Yall act like I thought I actually received something.

Inthegame

[quote="Ouch, post: 1267952, member: 49383If you really read what the whole thread was saying, I even said it was a form letter that everybody gets in a responce from a president. I don't know why you are so upset because I'm giving a true statement about trying to contact a union representative and receiving a call back or a letter or email or anything for that matter. Are you his agent? Do you book his appearances cause if you do I will go ahead and tell you, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!! Seeing how you didn't take the time to read the first part when I talked about receiving a form letter from the President maybe you don't need to be so quick to comment on something you know nothing about.[/quote]

I read the entire thread. You brought an absurd example into it.
I understand the process better than you and tried to explain it in understandable terms. You've resorted to insults, which gives me insight into why you lost the grievance and must "blame" others.
I believe you're in Ohio or Kentucky. If so, Call Pat D., PO of L348. He's an IR that can assist you. Good Luck.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hoaxster did you not read my statement about my email being a form letter that everyone receives? Yall act like I thought I actually received something.
No, I read this post you made.
Then his secretary should have told me that. My Ba didnt put me on to hall knowing i would never get him, he put me on him because hall was the one that railroaded us. Like I said I even got a return email from the President of the USA. I'm sure Ken is not any busier than him.

Ouch

[quotin="Inthegame, post: 1267963, member: 37112"][quote="Ouch, post: 1267952, member: 49383If you really read what the whole thread was saying, I even said it was a form letter that everybody gets in a responce from a president. I don't know why you are so upset because I'm giving a true statement about trying to contact a union representative and receiving a call back or a letter or email or anything for that matter. Are you his agent? Do you book his appearances cause if you do I will go ahead and tell you, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!! Seeing how you didn't take the time to read the first part when I talked about receiving a form letter from the President maybe you don't need to be so quick to comment on something you know nothing about.[/quote]

I read the entire thread. You brought an absurd example into it.
I understand the process better than you and tried to explain it in understandable terms. You've resorted to insults, which gives me insight into why you lost the grievance and must "blame" others.
I believe you're in Ohio or Kentucky. If so, Call Pat D., PO of L348. He's an IR that can assist you. Good Luck.[/quote]
Okay In the game i apologize. I'm more man that that. I'm not in Kentucky or ohio. The reason i was directed to hall was because we were railroaded by him in our building. It was over a grievance someone in another bldg had filed that somehow skipped the local and went straight to ken. The man that filed the grievance his dad was friends with Ken. It was a bad deal. Our old Ba sat us stewards down and explained that when he got to panel he got hit with it. Now i wasn't there so i am going by what our old ba told us. That's why i was directed to hall. I just talked to a buddy of mine and he also tried the hall phone call. Again i apologize for being rude and hope you would accept that. I guess I was expecting a little too much from our leaders. Still don't understand why he couldn't have at least made an attempt to either contact me or my local.

Inthegame

Ouch, no need to apolgize, no offense taken. Panels can make odd decisions that can confuse all but the "insiders" that review all the evidence. Perhaps you would be answered if you'd reduce the situation to a carefully written outline and explain your position. If indeed hall was involved he'd at least send an answer through an IR (International Rep) in your area.

Ouch

Ouch, no need to apolgize, no offense taken. Panels can make odd decisions that can confuse all but the "insiders" that review all the evidence. Perhaps you would be answered if you'd reduce the situation to a carefully written outline and explain your position. If indeed hall was involved he'd at least send an answer through an IR (International Rep) in your area.
An answer Is all we were after. I was pretty wound up cause it was preventing us from bidding another job.

rpoz11

Well, Hoffa Sux, I am sure you know just how many of these proposed future higher wage earners will be paying for Obama's ACA by receiving such an increase?

And it doesn't really appear to be that Obama championed anything for
"all" minimum wage earners across our nation; didn't he actually accept a lesser result with federal contract workers?

I wonder just what the cost comparison to health care will be between our union jobs and those who end up receiving that pay increase; if passed.

Last edited:

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Disliking hall actions as the lead negotiator in every UPS contract since '97 is a bit different than agreeing with a post calling him an "incompetent maroon". I've disagreed with many moves from the big wigs at the IBT, but I've met and talked personally with hall. The eyes don't lie...he's the real deal.
I have no opinion about Mr. Hall but my .02 is just because someone is charming in person doesn't mean anything. Actions speak louder than words. Hitler is famous for having been extremely charming in person. And that whole genocide thing.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I have no opinion about Mr. Hall but my .02 is just because someone is charming in person doesn't mean anything. Actions speak louder than words. Hitler is famous for having been extremely charming in person. And that whole genocide thing.
I heard Stalin was the same way. Very charming in person then as soon as you leave the room order you executed.

Inthegame

Really guys? There's about a gazillion other comparisons that might be a teeny weeny bit more applicable. When one resorts to comparing hall to Stalin or Hitler, I win the point.

Johnny Paycheck

Really guys? There's about a gazillion other comparisons that might be a teeny weeny bit more applicable. When one resorts to comparing hall to Stalin or Hitler, I win the point.
Nobody compared hall to Hitler. But when you use "The eyes don't lie... He's the real deal." as the only reason why someone is a great leader in the teamsters, I can point out a million reasons why that isn't a real reason to support someone. Being that charm is irrelevant and actions speak louder than words. Just because you've met the guy and he seemed like a nice guy doesn't mean squat. There are many accounts that Hitler seemed like the most upstanding fellow that people who knew him had ever met. And that he had a special ability to make anybody feel like the most special German in the entire Reich. That's all. Maybe start with "hall is the real deal because he has done this..." not "hall is the real deal because he smiled at me."

Inthegame

Nobody compared hall to Hitler. But when you use "The eyes don't lie... He's the real deal." as the only reason why someone is a great leader in the teamsters, I can point out a million reasons why that isn't a real reason to support someone. Being that charm is irrelevant and actions speak louder than words. Just because you've met the guy and he seemed like a nice guy doesn't mean squat. There are many accounts that Hitler seemed like the most upstanding fellow that people who knew him had ever met. And that he had a special ability to make anybody feel like the most special German in the entire Reich. That's all. Maybe start with "hall is the real deal because he has done this..." not "hall is the real deal because he smiled at me."
If you don't think bringing Hitler into the thread about hall is comparing, why bring the name up? And why talk about Hitlers "charm" and compare that to hall "charm"? My post you quoted was in response to a foolish post calling Hall an "incompetent maroon".
I didn't say Hall "charmed" me, that was your take, I merely stated hall impressed me as someone who I can trust. I've been a steward for most of my long career and I know BS before I hear it. I didn't sense anything resembling that in hall. As far as your challenge of hall credentials, how about leading the Teamsters through the largest CBA's in existance since '97, navigating through the successful '97 strike, spanning two polar opposite leaders and surviving the political fallout that ends many other careers. He's been leading his own local since 1990 and was recently elected GST which is the real top job in the IBT.
So, if you can point out a million reasons why I shouldn't support the guy who is honest and has the body of accomplishments hall has, have at it.

Johnny Paycheck

Didn't say the man kicks puppies on the weekend, I said "He smiles and makes me feel all warm inside." is hardly a reply to someone calling him incompetent. If you want to refute claims that he's incompetent, go with this:
leading the Teamsters through the largest CBA's in existance since '97, navigating through the successful '97 strike, spanning two polar opposite leaders and surviving the political fallout that ends many other careers. He's been leading his own local since 1990 and was recently elected GST which is the real top job in the IBT.
Not this:
but I've met and talked personally with hall. The eyes don't lie...he's the real deal.
I said in the beginning I don't care either way for his politics, but as long as we're turning this into a contest to see who has the bigger dick...

here-it-comes-105-mm-round-M119-Howitzer-02-2011.jpg

My girlfriend is US Army, and that's only the second biggest cannon that she's gotten to go off. If you're picking up what I'm laying down.

Last edited:

Inthegame

Didn't say the man kicks puppies on the weekend, I said "He smiles and makes me feel all warm inside." is hardly a reply to someone calling him incompetent.
Which is why I didn't reply with the words you're dreaming up, but it seems like you do a fair bit of dreaming...
Tell your girlfriend thanks for stepping up (for her service to the US, not you).