Online friend/T Package delivery driver position?

browndevil

Hey guys, I have a question about the position I just applied for on the UPS website. It is for a full time delivery driver, It doesn't say temp/seasonal like usual. The schedule is from Tuesday to Saturday. It is in Mt Olive, New Jersey. Would anyone know if this is actually for that rare position that isn't normally available to the outside or am I wasting my time going to the interview. I worked as a P/T package handler for about 6 months 8 years ago but the driver list at my hub was around 7 years at the time. I couldn't financially stick with the job otherwise Id still be there probably driving by now.
Sounds like they are starting Saturday ground there. Which doesn't make sense since UPS is scaling it down

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
NJ are still telling new drivers Tues-Saturday. The Saddle Brook location are making new hires work two seasons before being considered for FT employment so be prepared for that. I interviewed there before choosing the center I am at now.

Timcee88

NJ are still telling new drivers Tues-Saturday. The Saddle Brook location are making new hires work two seasons before being considered for FT employment so be prepared for that. I interviewed there before choosing the center I am at now.
Two seasons as a temp driver or as a different position? As a temp driver what is the pay and can you still get enough hours to survive until full time position?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
:censored2:! That sucks. Hopefully that doesn't happen. I got a wife, kid and house to pay for. Thank you for your input, greatly appreciated!
With a 4 year progression, and scaling back Saturday ground in MOST buildings. It's probably not a good idea. Especially if we go on strike. You'll be laid off until we get volume back. If we don't go on strike you might be ok. But expect to be laid off a lot after peak into spring and fall.

Timcee88

With a 4 year progression, and scaling back Saturday ground in MOST buildings. It's probably not a good idea. Especially if we go on strike. You'll be laid off until we get volume back. If we don't go on strike you might be ok. But expect to be laid off a lot after peak into spring and fall.
Yeah, that doesn't sound too promising unless i can still make enough to hang in through the bull:censored2: but there is obviously no guarantee of that either. It looks like I will be passing this up lol