OPH & Sick Days Question

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by nystripe96, Jun 6, 2014.

1. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

I started driving sept 2013. I have taken 2 sick and 3 OPH prior to May 1st. I noticed that it says I only have 1 sick day remaining when I check my pay stubs. Supposedly starting May 1st all sick and OPH days were supposed to reset. Is that truly the case, or do I have to wait till my 1 year to get the remaining days added on?

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Where I'm at it goes by seniority date for the newer hires. Us old farts still reset May 1st.

3. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Ok so I should incrementally be getting days back till Sept it seems

Sent using BrownCafe App

4. Jas85374

Jas85374 Member

No. You get them on your hire date.

Sent using BrownCafe App

5. nystripe96

nystripe96 Active Member

Huh? I've already taken a bunch

Sent using BrownCafe App

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Your days will reset on your seniority date this year and will reset in May 1 starting in 2015.

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

In 705 they reset Jan 1st.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Here as well.

9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Upstate is correct....and you should be getting 6 OPH's not 5 on your seniority date...Election day is now a floating holiday for 804.

10. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

It depends on your area's fiscal year. In most places the year resets May 1st, but in NY & some other places it is the 1st of the year. If you're like most places and you were an inside employee that went driving and made seniority effective Sept, 2013 you would have been paid out your remaining time at your part time rate, then had nothing until May 1st at which time you would have reset but with full time vacation, sick days, etc. Even if you reset like NY on Jan 1 you still would have had a full time reset since last fall.

11. bleedinbrown58

Local 804 (the OP's local and mine) resets on May 1st....not Jan 1st. He'll get his sick days and OPHs when he hits a year on his seniority date.

12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

I always get paid for not using the optional days after May 1st. We have no sick days.

13. bleedinbrown58

Yes...personals or sick days not taken by May first are paid out.