Ops Manager Busted

P

prodriver

You may have gotten that volume but it wasn't guaranteed after the 17th. There was a huge surge the week before Christmas with online shopping and most of that volume was going through the express system because of the ridiculous cutoff of the 23rd. The combination of poor planning, bad weather, and record volume is what caused the failures.

Bad weather is double trouble it makes it hard to deliver and people sit at home ordering more, even on rainy days you can see an increase in volume (non-peak)

bbsam

Staff member
Shhh. He's too busy trying to make everyone forget how horribly Express effed-up Peak. It's his new job.
No. I am, however, refuting your faulty conclusion. You keep trying to differentiate between Ground and Express even though it's well documented around here that customers don't know the difference. Maybe Express had a crappy peak. The Jackal had a different experience at his station but you insist that all of Express failed miserably. I know you want Fred to feel a backlash of fury from shippers, but Ground volume is through the roof for this time of year. I'm not the one who has to convince people that peak wasn't a disaster because whether it was or not, people have moved on. That doesn't fit your agenda, but the numbers don't lie.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No. I am, however, refuting your faulty conclusion. You keep trying to differentiate between Ground and Express even though it's well documented around here that customers don't know the difference. Maybe Express had a crappy peak. The Jackal had a different experience at his station but you insist that all of Express failed miserably. I know you want Fred to feel a backlash of fury from shippers, but Ground volume is through the roof for this time of year. I'm not the one who has to convince people that peak wasn't a disaster because whether it was or not, people have moved on. That doesn't fit your agenda, but the numbers don't lie.

The Express Peak was disastrous overall. While a few stations kept-up. most were at least 3-4 days behind. Sure, some of it can be blamed on bad weather and high volume, but the biggest reasons Express flopped at Peak was bad planning and poor management.