OPW Hours?

UnderPaidSucka

Noticed on my pay stub since November that we now have a column for OPW hours.
In addition to the Vacation hours, Personal days and sick days, that have always been there.
Can someone explain to me what these are? I keep forgetting to ask my supervisor.

UnderPaidSucka

Stupid question but whats the difference between optional days and vacation/sick/personal days.
Been with UPS for 10 years and dont know the difference. I just received optional hours.

Nimnim

The Nim
Stupid question but whats the difference between optional days and vacation/sick/personal days.
Been with UPS for 10 years and dont know the difference. I just received optional hours.

As far as I know they're paid out the same just coded differently. For some odd reason the last couple years all my Option 3 days are coded in the system as sick days, but I still get paid the same amount of time for them.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

This started showing up on our checks after we were allowed to split our option week into single days a couple of years ago. Check will show 50 OPW and when you take a day off the next check will show 40 OPW etc.

brownrod

Here vacation is a 45 hour paid week you are required to take off.
And option week is 40 paid hours that you can cash out or take off if you want.
Option days are 8 hour paid days you take off at random times or cash out.
Sick days are obvious.