ORION 1.1 - New upgrade

L

Lizzzow

First thing I do every morning is switch to RDO. For a year and half nothing has been said to me. Either management here is reasonable or they just don't care lol.

This is exactly what I do. I got Orion on my metro route a month ago. Completely dumb. You know how Orion saves me miles? I suppose to u turn on every block. I tell them that is unsafe and not doing it. Amazing how ups has thrown out the safe work methods for this program. Maybe it works on rural routes but not mine.

Our top seniority p/t air drivers will do eam, then nda, then shuttle left in buildings and misloads. With Saturday air they can easily get 40-45 hours a week. Should be a friend/T job.

We don't ever have drivers laid off, but IMO if ground left in buildings and misloads need to be shuttled everyday, then it should be a friend/T job. Even our TCDs who didn't get a route for the day are paid as exception air drivers for the work.
I am the top exception air driver and yeah I can work 40 to 50 hours most weeks if I want to be a hog. Usually I try to spread it around to the other guys. Last year after the big hiring frenzy of 2014 we had a lot of laid off drivers. This year so far almost all have been driving with driver injuries and driver loosing her license for DWI. We have no temp drivers.

Overpaid Union Thug

This is exactly what I do. I got Orion on my metro route a month ago. Completely dumb. You know how Orion saves me miles? I suppose to u turn on every block. I tell them that is unsafe and not doing it. Amazing how ups has thrown out the safe work methods for this program. Maybe it works on rural routes but not mine.

It rarely works on rural routes.

govols019

You smell that?
It "works" on rural routes in our building if you turn your brain off...Mines a rural route...I absolutely love Orion.

I just do what the board tells me to do...No pressure on me at all.

Thegameisrigged

Orion will also have you thinking you only have nda for that stop. It'll show ndas then later on it'll show the rest of the packages. It's supposed show air+x amount of ground packages. That doesn't happen in Orion mode. Switch to edd mode and it'll show all as it should. Makes no sense.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Orion will also have you thinking you only have nda for that stop. It'll show ndas then later on it'll show the rest of the packages. It's supposed show air+x amount of ground packages. That doesn't happen in Orion mode. Switch to edd mode and it'll show all as it should. Makes no sense.

It does this because it doesn't plan on you having enough time to deliver the ground with the air.

JL 0513

One oddity with this update concerning air stops is that when there are grounds at the stop they are now listed back to back on two separate lines instead of 1+3 on a single line, for example. If Orion believes you have enough time, otherwise it leaves the ground for later in EDD.

It's weird how the Orion system is incapable of using existing EDD programming that is already done properly. Such as putting air and ground on one line. How hard is that? Also the other glaring glitch that calls for you to cross over main roads to deliver even though ORION itself has you coming back up the main road later. EDD has it right in the first place but they say they can't fix that in the programming.

pkgdriver

It will show 2 ground pieces to deliver at 10am then 1 nda saver at the end of the day. Priceless !!!!! Multiple stops a day.
I could go on and on. 95% Orion trace or warning letters here as of last week. Ive been told twice. Ok I will probably call you in the afternoon for bus help. Well uh..just get it done was the response. If Im paying the fuel and hourly wage in my loop I would not be using Orion. Less miles and lower paid day. It isnt rocket science. Tell me one more time to run 95% and there will be no going back. Jack Levis and the Diad implementation team hopefully are not getting their LTIP/MIP.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I have four on-route pick ups on my area. Orion has me picking up two of them in the morning and then delivering those same stops in the afternoon. Priceless!

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
By Noon I am already 15 to 20 stops behind where Orion says I should be. So now I am about 1 hour behind when I get to the pick up section, which means I am not in the 15 minute pick up window.
Now the strange thing is after all this when they tell me my over under I am around scratch, now how can this be?

JL 0513

It will show 2 ground pieces to deliver at 10am then 1 nda saver at the end of the day. Priceless !!!!! Multiple stops a day.
I could go on and on. 95% Orion trace or warning letters here as of last week. Ive been told twice. Ok I will probably call you in the afternoon for bus help. Well uh..just get it done was the response. If Im paying the fuel and hourly wage in my loop I would not be using Orion. Less miles and lower paid day. It isnt rocket science. Tell me one more time to run 95% and there will be no going back. Jack Levis and the Diad implementation team hopefully are not getting their LTIP/MIP.

Warning letters? I don't know how that flies in your center. How can you get a warning letter for a metric you can't see or even clear on how it's computed? 95%? Never heard a center demanding that number. It's usually 85%. If this was a demand with warning letters you can bet everyone would run it 100% and do all the glaring mistakes in Orion. Be way over miles and way over paid. No one is going to keep track of the math throughout the day to hit 95%.

novadriver

Warning letters? I don't know how that flies in your center. How can you get a warning letter for a metric you can't see or even clear on how it's computed? 95%? Never heard a center demanding that number. It's usually 85%. If this was a demand with warning letters you can bet everyone would run it 100% and do all the glaring mistakes in Orion. Be way over miles and way over paid. No one is going to keep track of the math throughout the day to hit 95%.
I just look at my stop count in morning.. if i have 100 stops i can break trace 15 times and be at 85%.. But i dont care really.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I can't say because I haven't been forced to use it yet but how can it possibly be this bad yet they make you use it? I know management is a joke sometimes but wtf...was edd this bad when it first started however long ago?

JL 0513

I just look at my stop count in morning.. if i have 100 stops i can break trace 15 times and be at 85%.. But i dont care really.

Yes, but who wants to pay attention to that with all the other numbers drivers are dealing with. Our whole job is a big pile of numbers.