ORION 1.1 - New upgrade

JL 0513

I can't say because I haven't been forced to use it yet but how can it possibly be this bad yet they make you use it? I know management is a joke sometimes but wtf...was edd this bad when it first started however long ago?

EDD is a fixed order everyday regardless of the stops. ORION is different everyday. One air stop can and will change your whole day especially on large areas.

govols019

You smell that?
I just look at my stop count in morning.. if i have 100 stops i can break trace 15 times and be at 85%.. But i dont care really.

If they think I'm too dumb to use my area knowledge and common sense to run the route in the most efficient way possible without ORION then I'm also too dumb to do math.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is exactly what I do. I got Orion on my metro route a month ago. Completely dumb. You know how Orion saves me miles? I suppose to u turn on every block. I tell them that is unsafe and not doing it. Amazing how ups has thrown out the safe work methods for this program. Maybe it works on rural routes but not mine.
It doesnt work worth a damn on rural routes either.

soberups

It "works" on rural routes in our building if you turn your brain off...Mines a rural route...I absolutely love Orion.

I just do what the board tells me to do...No pressure on me at all.
If I turned my brain off and followed ORION I would run out of fuel at 11:30 at night. With business stops and pickups still left to do. No thanks, I have been using my brain for 29 years now and I plan to continue. Forced stupidity just isn't something I care for.

pkgdriver

Warning letters? I don't know how that flies in your center. How can you get a warning letter for a metric you can't see or even clear on how it's computed? 95%? Never heard a center demanding that number. It's usually 85%. If this was a demand with warning letters you can bet everyone would run it 100% and do all the glaring mistakes in Orion. Be way over miles and way over paid. No one is going to keep track of the math throughout the day to hit 95%.
Has been 95% at PCM or talks with onroad for 3-4 weeks...Havent heard it since last Wed. though. Did you forget to capitalize glaring mistakes? :)

govols019

You smell that?
If I turned my brain off and followed ORION I would run out of fuel at 11:30 at night. With business stops and pickups still left to do. No thanks, I have been using my brain for 29 years now and I plan to continue. Forced stupidity just isn't something I care for.

OK.

I did say "in our building", did I not?

I get paid to work as directed and the direction I've received is to be 85% or better. Since I don't carry an abacus with me I run as close to 100% as humanly possible. What I care to do is irrelevant.

onehandsolo

It "works" on rural routes in our building if you turn your brain off...Mines a rural route...I absolutely love Orion.

I just do what the board tells me to do...No pressure on me at all.

For some reason it does not work on rural routes in my building. Probably because of pickups and schools.

soberups

OK.

I get paid to work as directed and the direction I've received is to be 85% or better. Since I don't carry an abacus with me I run as close to 100% as humanly possible. What I care to do is irrelevant.
85% is an invalid directive and cannot be enforced.

onehandsolo

OK.

Lol at the abacus comment.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I can't say because I haven't been forced to use it yet but how can it possibly be this bad yet they make you use it? I know management is a joke sometimes but wtf...was edd this bad when it first started however long ago?
Welcome to the publicly traded UPS..Every day you will run your route different, You will be in school zones at the wrong time and on busy roads at the wrong time.Your delivery order will be pal 2120, 4080,4876,3110,7610, 6000., all buried in a bulked out truck because Orion added 20 stops and 50 pieces.Its bad

Overpaid Union Thug

While I understand your position, the fact is that I just don't care to fight the battles anymore. As long as the checks keep being good I'll keep doing the ignorant things they want me to do.
I haven't ran ORION in almost a year. I decided it couldn't be trusted and that it was downright dangerous at times. We haven't heard a thing about ORION in my center since right before I decided to abandon it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I haven't ran ORION in almost a year. I decided it couldn't be trusted and that it was downright dangerous at times. We haven't heard a thing about ORION in my center since right before I decided to abandon it.
I'm just about to that point. Every time you think it's tolerable the next day it's a mind boggling cluster.

onehandsolo

When Orion was implemented in my center, upper management basically threaten our center manager and the on car sups to fall in line with it. 24 months later no one talks about it anymore.

onehandsolo

One good thing about Orion is you can use the monitor to help map out stops on rural routes. While the trace is not perfect you can at least get an idea where your stops r located.