Orion, does it work and if not? Why?

Inthegame

The only answer the BA gives is that "they're not giving me the info you've requested". That's it.

I have documented duplicate stops and proximity stops that I was delivering that same day being sent to the po.

I did the documentation on my own but can't be sure I got it all without the info I requested.
They're required by law to provide the union with requested info as it reasonably pertains to a contractual issue/violation. Hopefully your BA knows this. Maybe you might remind him(her).
Good job on your documentation. The more information, the better chance of success.

10 point

They're required by law to provide the union with requested info as it reasonably pertains to a contractual issue/violation. Hopefully your BA knows this. Maybe you might remind him(her).
Good job on your documentation. The more information, the better chance of success.
Thank you for the encouragement. The BA knows the rules/labor law.

There's more to this story and I can't put it on display here but our surepost work was purposely sent to the po and after I filed it was (by our decap employee's testimony) changed back to our drivers delivering it to the final destination.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
With or without the union? You do know UPS proposed a $25 max for new hires in this last negotiation. They didn't get it because there is a union, a union that could have taken less in bennies and more in wages if dues money was all they were concerned with.

Ahhh, the rare salient point on BC. You hit the nail Mug and the answer is no. The current negotiators know this, as do the "reformers" who want to be the next negotiators. Wonder how they'll answer the members complaints about the 2018 CBA's shortcomings if they get elected?
UPS gave in on the $25/hr cap last contract in exchange for getting out of the healthcare business. The $25/hr cap is about the only thing left that UPS wants.

They got out of healthcare, they got the Central States pension. Next is $25/hr cap.

Irishman Collins

UPS gave in on the $25/hr cap last contract in exchange for getting out of the healthcare business. The $25/hr cap is about the only thing left that UPS wants.

They got out of healthcare, they got the Central States pension. Next is $25/hr cap.
With the group that represents us now. I can imagine we will see the $25 dollar cap in the next contract. I mean, after alll, do you know how hard it is to negotiate contracts with companies who are recording record profits? Where is the leverage? Lol!

10 point

With the group that represents us now. I can imagine we will see the $25 dollar cap in the next contract. I mean, after alll, do you know how hard it is to negotiate contracts with companies who are recording record profits? Where is the leverage? Lol!
To prove your point:

I called the Package Division of the IBT in DC to get more support on surepost abuse and the guy that they tranfered me to talk with did not offer me support on the language. In fact, he said that he helped to negotiate the surepost language and told me that a package going to a commercial address, if addressed to a person's name with the business name can be deemed RESIDENTIAL and the post office can deliver it instead of us.

What the heck?! Where does it say that in the surepost language?!

A commercial stop is a commercial stop. So let's just Driver Release all commercial stop pkgs that have someone's name on the label too. He wanted to argue about next door proximity stops too.

Pathetic.

Irishman Collins

To prove your point:

I called the Package Division of the IBT in DC to get more support on surepost abuse and the guy that they tranfered me to talk with did not offer me support on the language. In fact, he said that he helped to negotiate the surepost language and told me that a package going to a commercial address, if addressed to a person's name with the business name can be deemed RESIDENTIAL and the post office can deliver it instead of us.

What the heck?! Where does it say that in the surepost language?!

A commercial stop is a commercial stop. So let's just Driver Release all commercial stop pkgs that have someone's name on the label too. He wanted to argue about next door proximity stops too.

Pathetic.
It sounds like you might of called the wrong number? I think you called UPS corporate by mistake? Lol

Irishman Collins

If the language isn't enforceable they shouldn't have printed it in the contract.
I can't agree more. In my opinion our Union has become a "in house Union". A" in house Union" is one set up by a company to provide a due process for employees for discipline issues or grievances. This type of Union is ran by the company and the company usually makes all the decisions. What is the difference between the current IBT and an "in house union"? I say none. UPS owns the IBT. If local 89's situation and the day after Thanksgiving debacle hasn't convinced a member that our Union is owned by UPS. Then I don't know what will ever convince them? It is a sad, sad situation. I am no longer proud to say I am a Teamster.

10 point

I can't agree more. In my opinion our Union has become a "in house Union". A" in house Union" is one set up by a company to provide a due process for employees for discipline issues or grievances. This type of Union is ran by the company and the company usually makes all the decisions. What is the difference between the current IBT and an "in house union"? I say none. UPS owns the IBT. If local 89's situation and the day after Thanksgiving debacle hasn't convinced a member that our Union is owned by UPS. Then I don't know what will ever convince them? It is a sad, sad situation. I am no longer proud to say I am a Teamster.
I'm proud to be called a Teamster when I meet other Teamsters that are strong in supporting their coworkers.
I'm not going to let the tail wag the dog. There's still some great stewards, BA's, and locals out there fighting for justice in the workplace.
I'm not giving up yet. Right is right every day.
2016 is right around the corner.
957 did it. We can too.

710 steward

When I'm at the po, and I grab a box that seems to be more than 9 lbs, I put it back on car and deliver it. Even if it's 3 routes away. I get my grievance money the same day

I would think this will eventually catch up to you. No one instructed you to break off and deliver the package. In my experience you'd be better off writing the tracking info and filing for the time it took to deliver these packages. Even if that meant filing daily. You will eventually win out on these contractual infractions whether it's money or these packages being delivered by us.

I would think this will eventually catch up to you. No one instructed you to break off and deliver the package. In my experience you'd be better off writing the tracking info and filing for the time it took to deliver these packages. Even if that meant filing daily. You will eventually win out on these contractual infractions whether it's money or these packages being delivered by us.

This is done within reason. Not driving all over the place. Gotta stay under the radar.

10 point

This is done within reason. Not driving all over the place. Gotta stay under the radar.
It shows up on a report at UPS and the p.o.
Eventually. That's a word that is frustrating members that file. How will you muster the energy to keep filing if the IBT is going to lay down on it?

That's why 2016 is important to the folks that have to police the language....with no reward except that they did it for the membership in spite of the so called leadership.

Irishman Collins

I'm proud to be called a Teamster when I meet other Teamsters that are strong in supporting their coworkers.
I'm not going to let the tail wag the dog. There's still some great stewards, BA's, and locals out there fighting for justice in the workplace.
I'm not giving up yet. Right is right every day.
2016 is right around the corner.
957 did it. We can too.
I agree but so far I am not impressed with the Sylvester Jones etc. Slate. They seemed to be disorganized and unsure of themselves. I am hoping they get it together for the sake of our Union. When I speak of being not proud to be a Teamster. I am mainly talking about our current leaders at the top. Not all of our hard working, good hearted stewards.

10 point

I understood what you meant but I know how some would take it.

I'll take the Zuckerman, Jones, and Sylvester without a total game plan on the table over people that say one thing and do something else. This has gotta change.

Irishman Collins

I understood what you meant but I know how some would take it.

I'll take the Z, Jones, and Sylvester without a total game plan on the table over people that say one thing and do something else. This has gotta change.
Yes, I guess the phrase, the lesser of the two evils comes to mind.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I agree but so far I am not impressed with the Sylvester Jones etc. Slate. They seemed to be disorganized and unsure of themselves. I am hoping they get it together for the sake of our Union. When I speak of being not proud to be a Teamster. I am mainly talking about our current leaders at the top. Not all of our hard working, good hearted stewards.
Yes, I guess the phrase, the lesser of the two evils comes to mind.
What is it about this group that makes you take pause?
What is it that they are doing, or not doing, that causes you this trepidation?
Besides not announcing who's running for what position, it seems they are doing a pretty good job traveling the country to garner support.
I plan to attend a rally this weekend and look forward to hearing them speak.
Have they already come to your area and have you had a chance to hear their plan?

Irishman Collins

What is it about this group that makes you take pause?
What is it that they are doing, or not doing, that causes you this trepidation?
Besides not announcing who's running for what position, it seems they are doing a pretty good job traveling the country to garner support.
I plan to attend a rally this weekend and look forward to hearing them speak.
Have they already come to your area and have you had a chance to hear their plan?
I guess it is the uncertainty of who is on the ticket and running for what positions? Is Sandy Pope on the Slate? If so, in what capacity and are they running as a TDU slate or reform? Those are my concerns. Trust me though, they will get my vote. I just would like them to get it together, sooner than later.