Our ORION team is so arrogant and full of themselves it's hilarious

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
In other words, you are being given the "three C's".... conflicting, confusing and contradictory instructions.

Management isn't going to get anywhere in a disciplinary hearing if they cant even decide among themselves which set of their instructions you need to be following.

There also comes a point where continually bombarding the employee with the "three C's" under threat of discipline becomes harassment and over-supervision which is specifically prohibited under Art 37 of the National Master agreement.
agree 100%, you have stated in previous posts you always turn off orion and go odo, have you gotten any warning letters ?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Helpers aren't supposed to do CODs.
actually they are not supposed to do anything that comes back to the driver a month after peak, nobody cares unless a claim is made, the driver is held accountable for the helpers errors. you know the way things work, every dr that the cust gets was a good dr, but if its stolen, missing, etc, its a bad dr

Browntown2014

I can usually get a Peak helper up to speed on the basics of the job by the end of the first day and have them sheeting commercial stops with multiple suite numbers by the end of the second or third day. By the end of the first week they are doing multiple left-at's and CODs.

After two weeks of riding with me I would feel confident sending them by themselves to deliver a route by themselves. Granted, it wouldn't be a full route, but the point is PAS/EDD (and now Orion) have given the company the leverage they need to make 2018 a turning point for them.

thank god for the union then there is only one of you. Lol

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yeah, we wouldn't want the members to give more than a minimal effort.

Why do assume that every union member and driver gives the minimal effort? Do you include yourself in that assumption or are you the only one who thinks they go above and beyond and work hard?

If you have this mindset, why did you stay as a driver and not go into management?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Unions promote mediocrity.

No unions rase wages and if done correctly, promote fairness and equality.

If you feel that way, why work a union job? Are you saying since you are a member, that you are part of that mediocrity?

Seriously take your money and go buy a FedEx ground route if you truly believe that. Put your actions where your "beliefs" are.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Unions promote mediocrity.

And I know drivers that follow the methods and would work circles around you any day of the week. They don't have to cheat like you and they are some of the safest, most service oriented and pretty productive guys I know, myself included. The only mediocre thing is when guys like you cheat the methods and feel safe because they have a union job where they think they can do that and get away with it every time. Dishonest drivers like this are the true mediocrity.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I did not apply at UPS to fulfill a lifelong desire to become a Teamster.

I'm guessing you applied to get a good job without understanding that that good job is only good because of the union contract. Then you developed a mindset that you can cherry pick what methods suite you because in the back of your mind you know you have security in that union job.

Like I said, if you feel ups is filled with nothing but mediocre drivers and employees, you have two choices:
Go into management and "improve " the mediocrity
Or buy a FedEx route and get compensated on your superior skills.

Which one? Oh you won't do either because you're the all talk guy that NEEDS that union security to not only keep you comfortable but protect you from your methods of dishonesty