Overall Decline of this Forum

upschuck

Are we allowed to question(not argue) such action and ridicule if necessary? I have written some that might be construed as such, but deleted them because didn't know.

I think that's reserved for private messages with the staff.
You can "speak freely" in any PM's regarding moderator action.

This freedom is much more limited on the public forum.
I don't mean anything bad, but just making fun of them.

upschuck

I wouldn't mind, but I doubt it would last before people went way overboard and caused serious issues with Cheryl.
Do you guys/gals really get that many complaints about posts here? I have only submitted one and that was for spam, I would hate for this board become inundated with that stuff, and it was taken down within a minute. Don't know if you can answer that question, but just wondering.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He's happy and the rest of you are jealous? Irate? Annoyed? And still continue to engage in the conversation? Weird.

Jealous, LOL!!!
Irate or annoyed, not really.
For me, I find pounding on Dave therapeutic.
In my building there a hand full of "Dave's" who I can't engage and continue to work there.
He's just a "virtual speed bag", to work off some occupational frustration for me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are we allowed to question(not argue) such action and ridicule if necessary? I have written some that might be construed as such, but deleted them because didn't know.
Cheryl via the TOS does not allow questioning of any moderation on the public forum.
I don't think anything gets her as riled up and as quickly as that.

I usually don't notice until someone else (such as Cheryl) points it out.

But then, I am "The Worst Mod Ever".

bbsam

Staff member
Do you guys/gals really get that many complaints about posts here? I have only submitted one and that was for spam, I would hate for this board become inundated with that stuff, and it was taken down within a minute. Don't know if you can answer that question, but just wondering.
Yes, there are ALOT of complaints by a handful of members. We've been very busy lately. Some mods are pretty tight with the TOS others more lax. It is the internet after all. You'll find all types around here.

Make way, make way! We have a victim in the house!

On a more serious note, some have suggested that Upstate seek some help. Maybe. I think he may not be the only one who might want to look into that.

Yes. My comments are a bit on the sharp side. I don't believe in victims and it takes two to tango. I think I'm done dancing now.
Maybe some of us have that's why we are suggesting it for others.

Yes, there are ALOT of complaints by a handful of members. We've been very busy lately. Some mods are pretty tight with the TOS others more lax. It is the internet after all. You'll find all types around here.

Might be less work to get rid of those "handful of members".

Overpaid Union Thug

?

I disagree. I see Dave as a major problem with this site. Others try or do correct their problems on this site. Case in point I will no longer drink and post on this forum. I became the second highest reped member this year doing this as well as helping others out with inspirational posts and union knowledge. I've chose to cut the one out that caused me and other conflict. Dave will never learn and will ALWAYS continue to do this as long as he's a member. He is in fact the most hated member of this forum and he loves it. He needs psychological counseling. He can't get this here.

For me what Dave suggested in the initial comment and his battles with, well, seemingly everyone is two different issues. Those of you that continue to get sucked into those battles can easily avoid them by not participating or at least know when to bow out or agree to disagree. I definitely understand your point of view here. I see it. Trust me on that. But the reason I don't get wrecked by it is because I do exactly what I said everyone else should do to avoid it. Its apparent to me that most people would rather continue to battle him and anyone else that disagrees with them instead of knowing when to back off. The reason for the decline isn't Dave. He may or may not be as bad as everyone says he his but there are definitely more than plenty of people that take things way to far with him. The best way to avoid being antagonized is to avoid the antagonizer. Not antagonize the antagonizer.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For me what Dave suggested in the initial comment and his battles with, well, seemingly everyone is two different issues. Those of you that continue to get sucked into those battles can easily avoid them by not participating or at least know when to bow out or agree to disagree. I definitely understand your point of view here. I see it. Trust me on that. But the reason I don't get wrecked by it is because I do exactly what I said everyone else should do to avoid it. Its apparent to me that most people would rather continue to battle him and anyone else that disagrees with them instead of knowing when to back off. The reason for the decline isn't Dave. He may or may not be as bad as everyone says he his but there are definitely more than plenty of people that take things way to far with him. The best way to avoid being antagonized is to avoid the antagonizer. Not antagonize the antagonizer.
The best post of 2014 ... so far!!! :grouphug:

ya know what ya have when ya sober up a horse thief? A sober horse thief.
No offense but I don't think you have much compassion. When you weren't a moderator I never liked you and if I could put you on ignore I most surly would. I regret saying this but it's how I feel. Have a great day.