Overboard Termination looking for advice

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The maroon surfed a belt. He deserved to lose his job.
It's not a cardinal sin. I'm not arguing it wasn't stupid, but progressive discipline in the contract wasn't followed. We start letting ups define Cardinal sins outside the contract then what's the point of having a contract?

Some could say maroon drivers who falsify records and lie should permanently lose their jobs too....but hey as long as it's someone else it applies to and not you right?

Pot meet kettle...for the millionth time.

mike1646

I don't think termination was the way to go, a week suspension would've been enough. I know that if I get warning letter for having late airs next time I'll take less airs. Lesson learned.

ski or die

Ski or Die
If it wasn't discussed with you previously of the disciplinary actions that would happen if you were on the belt, you probably deserve back pay. But, the company may have all along planned on returning you to work. They just wanted to show you how serious and dangerous it is. I seen a fellow worker who was trying to break up a jam and somehow got his arm stuck between the roller an belt above his head. He was just hanging by his arm. By the time they were able to stop the belt, he had lost quite of bit of skin and tissue on his arm. The screams he made will always stay with you. He had to go to the hospital. Luckily they were able to save his arm.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't think termination was the way to go, a week suspension would've been enough. I know that if I get warning letter for having late airs next time I'll take less airs. Lesson learned.

They knew that they were not going to permanently terminate the guy. They just wanted to send a message to his co-workers by walking him out and making him sit home for a week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You @UpstateNYUPSer can disagree with this all you want but the FACT is that in my region the guy would have gotten backpay. Yet more proof that you don't know everything.

If this indeed is in the case then what kind of message is that sending?

"Do whatever you want, no matter how stupid it is, and the Union will not only get you your job back but will also get you paid for the days that you sat at home?"

Overpaid Union Thug

If this indeed is in the case then what kind of message is that sending?

"Do whatever you want, no matter how stupid it is, and the Union will not only get you your job back but will also get you paid for the days that you sat at home?"

So, you'd be happy with your management team firing your ass on the spot for a non cardinal sin? You'd just take it like a man and chalk it up to stupidity? Or would you cite the contract that protects you from such actions? I'm going with the latter as your answer.

I don't really expect someone like you to respect a legal and binding labor contract (expect of course when it favors you) nor do I except the company to either but the rest of us are glad its in place. So, until the contract language is changed so that "stupidity" is a cardinal sin your opinion on the matter will continue to be null and void.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So, you'd be happy with your management team firing your ass on the spot for a non cardinal sin? You'd just take it like a man and chalk it up to stupidity? Or would you cite the contract that protects you from such actions? I'm going with the latter as your answer.

I don't really expect someone like you to respect a legal and binding labor contract (expect of course when it favors you) nor do I except the company to either but the rest of us are glad its in place. So, until the contract language is changed so that "stupidity" is a cardinal sin your opinion on the matter will continue to be null and void.

As I said earlier, the company wanted to send a message. They had no intent of permanently terminating the OP.

He did not deserve back pay.

Overpaid Union Thug

As I said earlier, the company wanted to send a message. They had no intent of permanently terminating the OP.

He did not deserve back pay.
Back peddling to previous comments doesn't change the fact that your opinion on "what message is being sent" is null and void. If you want "stupidity" inserted in the contract language as a cardinal sin then I'm sure you know where your local's union hall is and can make your way down there during contract time to state your case. But down here that garbage won't fly. The result is backpay. Disagree and rationalize contract violation all you want. That's just how it is here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Let's say the OP has 20-25 people working on the same shift. Each of those people saw what he did and each of them saw the consequences of his actions. That is called "sending a message".

The company had no intention of permanently terminating the OP.

He does not deserve to receive back pay.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Let's say the OP has 20-25 people working on the same shift. Each of those people saw what he did and each of them saw the consequences of his actions. That is called "sending a message".

The company had no intention of permanently terminating the OP.

He does not deserve to receive back pay.

unicorn poop.jpg

AutoZone

BrownPower
Yes you've admitted to doing it before on here. Guess you didn't scan the EAM in the building and falsify records also?
Another beat down post by the master that is Orion! Nothing else to do.. 830-6pm, deliver packages... 6:01+ troll brown cafe and talk :censored2: all night to everyone beneath him... Smh

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Another beat down post by the master that is Orion! Nothing else to do.. 830-6pm, deliver packages... 6:01+ troll brown cafe and talk :censored2: all night to everyone beneath him... Smh
Get your seniority first for the second time Mr quitter and then maybe you can talk some talk. The only troll I see is you. You can't even pick an original avatar Mr wanna be wish I was a driver. Do you even know what ORION is? Or EAM? No?

Exactly. You can shut up now. You'll have to bring more then that if you want to try "and put me in my place".

Shouldn't you be quitting UPS again anyway ?

Oh and princess, I usually put in a 11-12 hr day. But hey I'm sure you could do my route in 3 hours even though it gets dispatched at 11-12 hr plan every day. I'll give you my diad and keys tomorrow.

Go get 'em rookie.

Last edited: