Package Driver shoots dog

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
im serious im disarmed and left defenseless by ups; and they provide NO security for me on road.

and NO im not talking about defending ups/customer property thats not what im paid for. if someone seriously is trying to jack the truck and i think they actually are going to use violence im dropping the keys and taking off. im talking about some crazy meth-head or w/e i think they do have liabilty as a result of their policies
Lock and load driver...........lock and load. Never defend the truck with a weapon but when it comes to defending yourself you do what ever you have to. Screw the job and your boss and UPS. You only get one life and if someone takes it from you there is no getting it back. I would carry one of my handguns without a second thought if I felt it was necessary. Using a handgun if your life was endangered from an armed robber would be easier to make a case for than using a handgun on a dog. Good luck to the guy that shot the dog.

Lock and load driver...........lock and load. Never defend the truck with a weapon but when it comes to defending yourself you do what ever you have to. Screw the job and your boss and UPS. You only get one life and if someone takes it from you there is no getting it back. I would carry one of my handguns without a second thought if I felt it was necessary. Using a handgun if your life was endangered from an armed robber would be easier to make a case for than using a handgun on a dog. Good luck to the guy that shot the dog.
The question wasn't if one should or shouldn't protect themselves. The question is if a driver could save his job, and the answer is probably not. Not only is it against company policy, it is against most state laws to carry without a license. There are alot of possible mitigating factors that could help you out on the legal aspect, but none that I can think of that would help you keep your job.

some1else

Banned
Every morning you wake up & go outside you take a chance, it has nothing to do with UPS. The liable party is the one that hurts you.

your missing the point i wake up every morning and strap on a glock23 because of the chance! ups says i cant have it (i cant even leave it in my car), so because i can no longer take responsibility for MY safety THEY need to.

i agree that the company has the right to do this (and i prob. would make the same decision if i was up in the brown~ivory tower) BUT they must take responsibility for this decision and that includes liability!

What would be the charge? Just curious again.
Depending on where he lives. possession of a firearm. Depending on where the incident happened, discharging a firearm in the city limits. Depending on the mood of the LEO, cruelty to an animal.
Not saying I am in favor of any of these charges, but they are just a few that are possible.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
A package driver at my center shot a dog April 2nd, was fired April 7th, local hearing was April 16th. He has a panel hearing April 21st. Does anyone have any advice?

N. E. AR. Center Seriously...Can't make this stuff up. Driver said he wants it to go to panel. Desperate to get his job back. Any advice?

I would expect the termination to be deadlocked, at best, at Panel. Doubtful the Local would take it to Arbitration, so from there I believe the driver would be need to retain his own attorney for an ALJ (Administrative Law Judge) hearing, or some other type of lawsuit.

But I'm way out over my skis on this. Remember, it is the Internets.

Johney

Depending on where he lives. possession of a firearm. Depending on where the incident happened, discharging a firearm in the city limits. Depending on the mood of the LEO, cruelty to an animal.
Not saying I am in favor of any of these charges, but they are just a few that are possible.
:/

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I see this thread turning into a ".. You'll take my diad away when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers..." rant.

My favorite t-shirt of all time? "Guns don't kill people --- I Kill People..."

UPSNewbie

To that driver:

attachment.php

funny-pictures-bravo-bunny.jpg

Johney

I said I wasn't in favor of the charges, I'm not even saying they would be up held, for the same reason you mentioned.
I just stated them as possibilities.
I know trpl I just don't want to go down that road. Sorry if I offended you.