Paid for sick day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your paystub will show you how many sick days you have accrued, as well as personal days and vacation hours. These numbers will be on the bottom portion of the stub.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Loyal employees do not take sick days. Team players show up every day.

HaHa! Stupid post.

Cement speaks the truth. All of my sick days used so far this year have been as scheduled personal days. Who wants to waste a sick day when you are sick?

Though that technically answers my question, what is the timeframe?

According to Article 70, Section 2 of the Upstate NY Supplement, part time employees will be eligible for sick days 18 months from their seniority date. This may differ in your region.

22.34life

How long must you work at UPS as a part-timer in order to be paid for a sick day?

this all depends on your supplement,what region of the country are you in?in the southern supplement we do not build sick days at all but we do have the option of turning one of our vacaction weeks into sick days,it is called option 3.in option 3 you get 7 sick days and they can be used anytime between the 2nd week in january and the week of thanksgiving.

22.34life

Cement speaks the truth. All of my sick days used so far this year have been as scheduled personal days. Who wants to waste a sick day when you are sick?

According to Article 70, Section 2 of the Upstate NY Supplement, part time employees will be eligible for sick days 18 months from their seniority date. This may differ in your region.

you must have a very easygoing center manager,sick days are not supposed to be used as scheduled days off but only to call in sick.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you must have a very easygoing center manager,sick days are not supposed to be used as scheduled days off but only to call in sick.

center manager has nothing to do with it. We schedule a day off and they ask us if we wish to use a personal, sick or dead day. The only problem arises is if we run out of days and are really sick.

I have one sick day left and I am scheduled to be sick on the 26th.

JonFrum

you must have a very easygoing center manager, sick days are not supposed to be used as scheduled days off but only to call in sick.
That may be the intention, but being sick is not actually required.

I wish they would just call them "Days Off" and not mention "sick." That way we wouldn't look like we are abusing the System.

And what if you have a temporary off-the-job injury and need an immediate day off? Wouldn't you take a Sick Day, since we don't have Injury Days?

UPSGUY72

IT all depends on what supplement you fall under. Where I am it could as little as 6 months before you get all 5 days if less that that they are prorated. However if your hired after Oct 1 you don't get any sick time untill after May 1st of the following year.

We get 5 sick days and 3 personal days paid plus vacations

Cementups

Box Monkey
I was only half kidding. I come to work sick (and drug up to make it thru the day), unless I am vomitting. Now since I have kids, my sick days get used for them when I have to stay home with them when my wife can't get off. My personals are used for prescheduled appointments that have to be made during work hours. I don't even miss work for the dentist since my dentist gets me at 7am and I can make my scheduled start of 820.

I get 4 weeks of vacation. I can get my fun in over those 20 days along with the other 104-112 days off I get off known as weekends and holidays. Out of 365 days in the year I only truly work about 240 days per year. really not all that bad when you think about it. 230 is I use all my sick and personals since I get 5/5.

22.34life

That may be the intention, but being sick is not actually required.

I wish they would just call them "Days Off" and not mention "sick." That way we wouldn't look like we are abusing the System.

And what if you have a temporary off-the-job injury and need an immediate day off? Wouldn't you take a Sick Day, since we don't have Injury Days?
you and upstate are missing my point,sick days are to be used as sick days meaning i get up one day and cant make it to work,now i dont have to be sick at all i am just not going to make it so i use a sick day.if i ask for friday off and want to use a sick day to get paid managment does not have to pay you a sick day they are not for scheduled days off.now it really doesnt matter because you could always just call in and use your sick day.just like an option holiday,you are not supposed to call in and use an option holiday but it happens all the time but thats not the rules.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you and upstate are missing my point,sick days are to be used as sick days meaning i get up one day and cant make it to work,now i dont have to be sick at all i am just not going to make it so i use a sick day.if i ask for friday off and want to use a sick day to get paid managment does not have to pay you a sick day they are not for scheduled days off.now it really doesnt matter because you could always just call in and use your sick day.just like an option holiday,you are not supposed to call in and use an option holiday but it happens all the time but thats not the rules.

You may be missing the point. We use both personal and sick days interchangeably. For example, I have one sick day left and I am scheduled to be sick 10/26. As long as you have days left they don't care how you use them but if you are out of days and try to call in sick you may be out of luck.

brownrod

5 sick days.
5 option days.
1 option week.
Per year.

Sick days don't start building up until you have 1 year here. And then it is a function of how many hours you work. So you slowly see fractions of a day add to your sick day total on your paystub. And our stick days build up to 400 hours and any excess is just cashed out. And anything you have built up is cashed out when you retire.

L

Loufan

I don't think we have sick days where I work. We have 2 vacation weeks, 1 option week and 1 personal day. I'm about to use 11 of those days starting friday.