Sick days - central region.

Sixth Punch Sense

Our biggest issue with the new sick time language is that Minnesota has passed a law requiring employers to give their employees sick time starting next year. If the language (no sick time) was the same as last contract, UPS would have been required to give us sick days on top of our vacation starting next year, but now UPS is fulfilling their lawful obligation for sick time with the new language. Last I heard the union and UPS have been going back and forth trying to figure this one out.
This is posted on 638 Facebook and on our union board. You get one hour of sick time for every 30 hours you work. Maximum of 48 hours per year. Plus keep your option week.

After nearly 2.5 months of ongoing discussions, we are happy to announce that all Local
638 members in Minnesota who work at UPS will be able to use MN Sick Days no
matter what option you choose for your contractual Sick Week. To be clear, this
means you may use your Sick Week as a selected week of vacation, split it up
into 5 individual sick days, or work the week and collect the payout and STILL be
eligible for the MN Sick Days.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If I knew I was going to miss a day for whatever reason, I'd let dispatch know by calling in multiple hours ahead of time. That is until one time a dispatcher forgot I called in and told the center manager I was a no call no show to cover his ass. Got called into the office with a union steward, where I proceeded to show them on my cellphone what time I called in. After I walked out, center manager closed the door and I could hear him hollering at the dispatcher. After that, when I called in, I did so 61 minutes before my start time.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Serious question - Both my center manager and ORS claim they " don't know" the time card code for sick day...WTF.
Option week break up is 33
Personal Holiday is 25
Anyone know the sick day code?

Supposedly if taking your sick week as an entire week it's entered into the vacation calendar as a D, not an O. Anyone verify that?

542thruNthru

Serious question - Both my center manager and ORS claim they " don't know" the time card code for sick day...WTF.
Personal Holiday is 25

Supposedly if taking your sick week as an entire week it's entered into the vacation calendar as a D, not an O. Anyone verify that?
Sick day -27
Sick day no pay - 47
Layoff sick day pay no occurrence - 41

HarryWarden

Personal Holiday is 25

“If you're sick, call and take an unpaid day. And use your sick days as vacation, IDGAF.”

Trucker Clock

I don't consider giving up a weeks vacation for 5 "sick days" as being a win.

Arrows-3-pointing-down-arrow-down-animated.gif

At the very least it's a draw. I still think we came out ahead given the greater flexibility. We lost nothing.

Thebrownblob

The overwhelming number of members voted for the $4.25/hr raise.
Good for them and it was definitely overwhelming. I can’t imagine why anyone would complain about more flexibility to choose how to use your days off and your vacations. It’s quite simple. If you don’t find value don’t do it some people can find something complain about no matter what.

HarryWarden

Good for them and it was definitely overwhelming. I can’t imagine why anyone would complain about more flexibility to choose how to use your days off and your vacations. It’s quite simple. If you don’t find value don’t do it some people can find something complain about no matter what.
You really can’t understand wanting designated sick days instead of using your vacation time? Ok