Paper !!!!!!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just curious for poops and giggles,,, how many of us here actually started on paper records ???
Also known as the good old days lol !!!!!

O

OLDMAN3

Paper for many years.
Recently my DIAD went down on an 8 hour request, on a Friday, before vacation.
I used paper delivery records (was not waiting for them to bring me a DIAD)!
When I got in at the end of the day I told the on-car here are the delivery records...
He says that I will have to transfer the data to a DIAD, he was leaving on vacation also.
I say: Nope, not me, I have an 8 hour and I am punching out and catching a flight, you will have to do it.
He swears, whips the clipboard across the room, and I just smile and punch out.:P

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Paper for many years.
Recently my DIAD went down on an 8 hour request, on a Friday, before vacation.
I used paper delivery records (was not waiting for them to bring me a DIAD)!
When I got in at the end of the day I told the on-car here are the delivery records...
He says that I will have to transfer the data to a DIAD, he was leaving on vacation also.
I say: Nope, not me, I have an 8 hour and I am punching out and catching a flight, you will have to do it.
He swears, whips the clipboard across the room, and I just smile and punch out.:P

In our center the OMS would have been given the task of transferring your chicken scratch to a DIAD. No way they would have paid us to sit there and do it ourselves.

I am surprised that they didn't make more of an effort to get you a DIAD.

O

OLDMAN3

We had a "retentive" manager decades ago.
Everything by the book.
Delivery record audits every 2 weeks, better not try to change a 4 into a 9...

Try to sheet all of the following staying inside the remarks column:
Left at 12439 Wentworth boulevard apartment #315 signed for by Cunningham (clarify sig) next day air (include time stamp 10:25)

He gave me grief that I wrote to small to read!

Johney

I love telling the rookies about paper records and how you had to know when you changed areas so to change clipboards. When I started I delivered 4 different areas so I had to change clipboards all day.

S

selfcancelsignal

The paper records sound bad enough, but I can't imagine delivering rurals out of a platt book. friend--- that shinola!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yes started Sept 88. At just turned 21.

You guys write the shipper nbrs? I use a paper and peel off pas labels. Not writing that much crap. Then I type in the last 4 of the nbrs. I do start off putting them in. Till my boss thinks it takes too long. Then he does the rest. Seeing I don't get punched out till they shut down the new board. I do miss not having edd. When I need to do it old school

Last edited: