Parking in front of hotels

brown_trousers

I was delivering a route downtown. I parked in front of a hotel to make a delivery across the street. While walking back to my car, the hotel door-opener guy just ripped me a new one for using "his" parking spots to deliver somewhere other than "his" hotel, (the guy talked like a confrontational know-it-all New-Yorker). So I ignored him and kept walking, but I was just wondering if it is not normal to park in these areas, or do hotels really do own parking spots on public streets?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Are you on the public street, which just happens to be in front of the hotel? (I'd park there. Smile pretty and say 'Oopsy' as the doorman bitches)

brown_trousers

Don use other people's "space" to delivery to another business unless you are out the way (open parking lot).
:holycowsmile:.... do you even work for UPS??? It would be impossible to only use parking spaces in front of the business you are delivering to. The guy on the next route over literally only parks his truck in 5 locations his entire route, is he suppose to re-park in front of each business for all his 120 stops?

brown_trousers

I can not comment, but you show the excellent state of Washington as location, so how did
you know he was from NY? The accent?

well I'll admit that is just an alias city as I prefer to remain anonymous on this forum, But yes I'm in the great state of Washington. I've never been to New York myself, but the guy sounded like the stereotypical New-Yorker you see in movies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have the right to park anywhere it is legal to do so. If the spaces in question were on a public street and were not designated as parking spaces for the hotel then you have every right to park there.

Hotels that have doormen rarely rent rooms by the hour.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
well I'll admit that is just an alias city as I prefer to remain anonymous on this forum, But yes I'm in the great state of Washington. I've never been to New York myself, but the guy sounded like the stereotypical New-Yorker you see in movies.

People from Washington State are portrayed as inbred yokels in movies such as "Black Sheep". Are you an inbred yokel?

Labels are for cans, not people. Get that part right at least.