Part time courier after christmas

Purplepackage

It seems my innocent thread escalated pretty quickly into an argument, thanks to everybody who replied with real answers.

Today was my first day on road alone, I'll be running the same route every Saturday and during the week I'll be doing assorted p1 routes. Thanks guys

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was hired as a part time courier in the middle of December, basically worked as a runner these past 2 weeks. I was hired for a 7-11am, my main question since it's super slow right now is it safe to assume that I'll be getting sent home a lot and be getting the bare minmum 17.5 hours?

Before you get on the "get out now this is a dead end" rant, I took this Job because I'm in college and 7-11am works really well with school and being guaranteed 17.5 hours a week even if I'm not there is a good thing to fall back on

7-11 am is probably possible if you are in a fully-staffed station, which is rare these days. Good luck on keeping those hours. You will be pressured hard to conform to their needs if they are short-handed. Your needs mean nothing...always remember that.

STFXG

Half my drivers cleared $80k this year. Average 9 hour days, 4 weeks paid vacation. No health benefits yet. Care to shut your mouth now? You don't know anything about Ground or the compensation packages. Please tell me how it's all a scam and contractors are all terrible mini Freds that take advantage of their workers.
That's hard to believe. If it is true, why? You could easily pay 40k, offer full benefits, and not have a problem with employee retention.
Are these "partners" from combining routes? That is the only thing that would make any kind of sense.

MassWineGuy

Where in my original post did I criticize anyone? Anyhow, nope. I'm a stayin' right in this here forum with all my new pals.