Part Time Sup Qualifications

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by Loucardsfan21, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Loucardsfan21

Loucardsfan21 New Member

I was wondering how hard it is to become a part time supervisor in the Louisville Worldport Hub? I am currently a part time worker there loading feeders doing credits through co-op with my local high school. I know you have to be 18 to be a supervisor, but do you need a high school degree to become one? I was just seeking the exact qualifications on becoming a part time supervisor and the steps to become one. I am not looking to make this a career, just a short term job before I go off to college.

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Graduate HS, put in your letter of intent, accept the promotion and use the tuition reimbursement to help pay for school. UPS PT supervisor will look good on your resume.

3. blkmamba

blkmamba Active Member

What he said.

4. BrownTie

BrownTie Member

What Upstate said. Aside from HS get a college degree, whether or not you are a PT supervisor, the tuition reimbursement does help out allot.

5. fatthief

fatthief Member

There is a lead pt sup in my hub that didn't even have a GED.

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

But is he an effective supervisor.

7. fatthief

fatthief Member

If he is not effective, he would not have become the lead sup.

8. blkmamba

blkmamba Active Member

I didn't think UPS would hire someone who didn't graduate high school?

9. fatthief

fatthief Member

If you are promoted from within, then they probably won't check if you have a diploma or not.

10. blkmamba

blkmamba Active Member

When you go through the basic paperwork you fill it all out. A diploma at least shows the company you committed to something and followed through. Either way it UPS and nothing they do makes sense.