Paul Ryan

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
117991_600.jpg

BrownArmy

main.jpg

Paul Ryan evidently likes Rage Against The Machine...

Tom Morello, guitarist for the band, wrote a great piece in Rolling Stone.

Tom Morello: 'Paul Ryan Is the Embodiment of the Machine Our Music Rages Against'

Ryan likes the music, just not the lyrics.

Hilarious.

"...Don't mistake me, I clearly see that Ryan has a whole lotta "rage" in him: A rage against women, a rage against immigrants, a rage against workers, a rage against gays, a rage against the poor, a rage against the environment. Basically the only thing he's not raging against is the privileged elite he's groveling in front of for campaign contributions."

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
PAUL RYAN BOOED at the AARP conference....

Just like mitt at the NAACP conference, RYAN GETS BOOED and keeps on speaking despite losing the crowd!

Hilarious!

Peace

TOS

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
PAUL RYAN BOOED at the AARP conference....

Just like mitt at the NAACP conference, RYAN GETS BOOED and keeps on speaking despite losing the crowd!

Hilarious!

Peace

TOS

Clueless!! I think Romney has got the attention of seniors now, except that all of it is negative. Perhaps he should bring-in Homer Simpson as his new campaign manager. DOH!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Clueless!! I think Romney has got the attention of seniors now, except that all of it is negative. Perhaps he should bring-in Homer Simpson as his new campaign manager. DOH!!!

I will love laughing about all this after the election. Romney has offended all of america and this he will not recover from. While FOX SPEWS tries to keep the middle east in flames, people are not responding the way FOX SPEWS wants them to.

To have the seniors BOOING you should send a message to Romney that he is going to lose this election.

Peace

TOS

BrownArmy

I did not approve or disapprove of the previous deleted "meme" that was posted. Nor was I the author.

Glad I saw it while it was up...personally I thought it was rather funny, in the vein of most of the political cartoons that get posted without reprise.

Perhaps the fact that 'rape' was in the title got the post deleted?

Difficult to say...in either case, thanks to the poster...my wife and I got a hearty laugh out of it.

And to whomsoever deleted the post...really? Unsure of how that post violated the TOS...

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Glad I saw it while it was up...personally I thought it was rather funny, in the vein of most of the political cartoons that get posted without reprise.

Perhaps the fact that 'rape' was in the title got the post deleted?

Difficult to say...in either case, thanks to the poster...my wife and I got a hearty laugh out of it.

And to whomsoever deleted the post...really? Unsure of how that post violated the TOS...
Wow...

A very close member of my family was raped a couple of years ago. It was a horrible experience that can never be erased from her memory or her life.

I hope that nothing like that ever happens to anyone ever again, but if it does happen to someone you love you will come to realize how devastating it is. Nothing funny about it.

BrownArmy

Wow...

A very close member of my family was raped a couple of years ago. It was a horrible experience that can never be erased from her memory or her life.

I hope that nothing like that ever happens to anyone ever again, but if it does happen to someone you love you will come to realize how devastating it is. Nothing funny about it.

Sorry to hear about that, but it changes very little in terms of the discussion at hand.

I also have very strong feelings about rape from other family members' experience.

When I say I got a laugh out of it, I was speaking about the cartoon, at the cartoon's nice encapsulation of Paul Ryan's idiot views about rape that the cartoon so succinctly provided.

I absolutely don't think rape is funny. Is that what you took from my post?

Is it funny when Paul Ryan pretends to be on the side of women, yet wants to remove a woman's right to abortion in the cases of rape or incest?

No.

However, the cartoon was funny in the sense that it broke through the rhetoric and showed the reality of Ryan's views about rape/abortion/women's rights, etc.

Not sure it should have been taken down, just my opinion.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Everyone should be outraged over the GOP's view on rape. They want to live like its 1940 all over again with womens rights. With rape happening in this country every 11 seconds, you would think they would do everything they could to protect the woman after a rape vs the non protection they get before one.

How people vote republican knowing this is baffling.

Peace

TOS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Everyone should be outraged over the GOP's view on rape. They want to live like its 1940 all over again with womens rights. With rape happening in this country every 11 seconds, you would think they would do everything they could to protect the woman after a rape vs the non protection they get before one.

How people vote republican knowing this is baffling.

Peace

TOS

Sorry to hear about that, but it changes very little in terms of the discussion at hand.

I also have very strong feelings about rape from other family members' experience.

When I say I got a laugh out of it, I was speaking about the cartoon, at the cartoon's nice encapsulation of Paul Ryan's idiot views about rape that the cartoon so succinctly provided.

I absolutely don't think rape is funny. Is that what you took from my post?

Is it funny when Paul Ryan pretends to be on the side of women, yet wants to remove a woman's right to abortion in the cases of rape or incest?

No.

However, the cartoon was funny in the sense that it broke through the rhetoric and showed the reality of Ryan's views about rape/abortion/women's rights, etc.

Not sure it should have been taken down, just my opinion.
BrownArmy and TOS. Thank you for sharing your posts. You are free to share your comments but I am also free to note here that your comments as purely politically motivated and callous.

I shared that a very close member of my family was raped: Neither of you have shown any emotion or sympathy for the rape victim, only political posturing : Hard Hearted = a callous indifference to suffering.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I hear what you're saying Cheryl, and I'll agree with you to a certain extent.

Aside from that, no comment.

In todays political climate, its not "I" who chose to discuss rape out loud, but the political machine behind the conversation. While I am saddened for all women who are victimized in this country by violent acts by men, I am also saddened by the men who further that violence by talking a political stance behind a violent act AKA PAUL RYAN and TODD AKIN.

This thread is about Paul Ryan, and his own conduct and character when its comes to a violent act (like rape) are more relevant today than ever.

To simply ignore Paul Ryans position on this issue would be just silly.

My points are simple, MEN in the GOP want to make decisions for women in all cases, and those decisions are not wise. "I" as a man, dont feel that I am qualified to tell a woman what to do with her life after an act of violence is committed upon her for the simple reason that "I" am not a woman.

This country is violent enough, and one political party continuing that violence against women needs to be spotlighted.

Respectfully,

TOS.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
In todays political climate, its not "I" who chose to discuss rape out loud, but the political machine behind the conversation. While I am saddened for all women who are victimized in this country by violent acts by men, I am also saddened by the men who further that violence by talking a political stance behind a violent act AKA PAUL RYAN and TODD AKIN.

This thread is about Paul Ryan, and his own conduct and character when its comes to a violent act (like rape) are more relevant today than ever.

To simply ignore Paul Ryans position on this issue would be just silly.

My points are simple, MEN in the GOP want to make decisions for women in all cases, and those decisions are not wise. "I" as a man, dont feel that I am qualified to tell a woman what to do with her life after an act of violence is committed upon her for the simple reason that "I" am not a woman.

This country is violent enough, and one political party continuing that violence against women needs to be spotlighted.

Respectfully,

TOS.
And you still do not show any concern for a young girl that was raped. Just callously using this as an opportunity to post your usual political talking points. Noted.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
And you still do not show any concern for a young girl that was raped. Just callously using this as an opportunity to post your usual political talking points. Noted.

"""While I am saddened for all women who are victimized in this country by violent acts by men"""

I thought I made it very clear.

Peace

TOS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
"""While I am saddened for all women who are victimized in this country by violent acts by men"""

I thought I made it very clear.

Peace

TOS
You were very clear, my young girl being raped is collateral damage. Your focus is only about your own politically motivated talking points agenda.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You were very clear, my young girl being raped is collateral damage. Your focus is only about your own politically motivated talking points agenda.

Absolutely untrue. I have a young daughter about to enter college and her future and safety is my number one priority. While I wish no harm to anyones daughter, Ill be damned if I allow a political party to voice loudly its intentions to further harm women or my daughter.

The only callous remarks made against women have been those said by people like Todd Akin and Paul Ryan. Highlighting them may sound like talking points, but to ignore them and leave them silent at the curb only furthers the problem for women of the USA.

My political agenda may be different than yours, but my voice speaks for all who are against violence against women.

While I am saddened for ANYONE who experiences the pain of an act of violence, I can only say that in your case I wish there was something that "We" as a nation could have done to prevent it from happening.

Peace

TOS