PCMs - Mandatory?

S

selfcancelsignal

My PCM usually consists of getting a message a week later about doing the most recent DIAD training(s).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You're working off the clock for free. Doing these things is part of your job and shouldn't be done before your start time.

You're writing ups a hundred thousand dollar check over the course of a 30-35 year career.

The reason you start so late is because they know idiots like you will come in a prep before being paid.
Start doing it at start time and after a few bad days, they should adjust it so that you have adequate time to do your job.

Or keep working for free and stand on your perch about how it's "professional " and "unacceptable to have late air" while ignoring that you cause this later start time by being gullible.

Only in the BOG.

The serious we start so late is the yahoos in Syracuse can't get our stuff here any earlier.

As for the rest of your drivel------yawn.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
We just recently started doing PCMs and I'm starting to have a real problem with them. For example, lets say the start time is 6:40 p.m. We have the meetings 5 - 10 minutes before the start time. Sometimes, I get to work minutes before the start time - still on time, but I miss the meeting - because of my small window of time between my two jobs.

Recently I've been getting flak for missing them. They say they are mandatory, but I don't see how they can be if they have them before the start time - when we are not being paid.

What should I do? I don't want to get written up or fired because I havn't been attending.

Why would you work and not get paid??!!!!

Jfca

35years

Gravy route
Upstate...

"It's not a matter of getting on their good side. It's called being a professional."

A true professional does not violate labor laws, safety rules, and the contract by working off the clock; which you are advocating.

"No one is saying you need to get to work 30-60 minutes early nor are they saying that you should be performing any physical work before start time.

Gathering what you may need for the day, reviewing and signing off your DVIR, punching in and getting the DIAD ready to download EDD are all things that can be done prior to the PCM so that you are ready to go once the PCM is over."

How do you gather what you need for the day, perform a proper pre-trip and sign off the DVIR (which you must do before signing off the form) without doing any physical work?

My old school center manager (over 30 years ago) used to say if you can't get it done while punched in you will never be a successful, professional driver.

You do all this work (and more you have admitted to on other threads) off the clock and yet you like to brag that you are under allowed. Drivers who do all this off the clock are not professionals in my book. In my building you would be slapped down by the labor manager because other drivers would be grieving your off the clock work for pay, along with opening up the door to a class action lawsuit for UPS allowing work off the clock.

Slavery ended in 1865. Be a professional and stop working for free.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Upstate...

"It's not a matter of getting on their good side. It's called being a professional."

A true professional does not violate labor laws, safety rules, and the contract by working off the clock; which you are advocating.

"No one is saying you need to get to work 30-60 minutes early nor are they saying that you should be performing any physical work before start time.

Gathering what you may need for the day, reviewing and signing off your DVIR, punching in and getting the DIAD ready to download EDD are all things that can be done prior to the PCM so that you are ready to go once the PCM is over."

How do you gather what you need for the day, perform a proper pre-trip and sign off the DVIR (which you must do before signing off the form) without doing any physical work?

My old school center manager (over 30 years ago) used to say if you can't get it done while punched in you will never be a successful, professional driver.

You do all this work (and more you have admitted to on other threads) off the clock and yet you like to brag that you are under allowed. Drivers who do all this off the clock are not professionals in my book. In my building you would be slapped down by the labor manager because other drivers would be grieving your off the clock work for pay, along with opening up the door to a class action lawsuit for UPS allowing work off the clock.

Slavery ended in 1865. Be a professional and stop working for free.
Well said!

Overpaid Union Thug

Here PCMs are at start time and have become nothing more than the manager and/or on car bitching about telematics sessions. The only people that aren't present are the ones that are in their trucks putting the last touches on their loads that they already spent an hour sorting for free.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

35years

Gravy route
Did you ever work in a bonus center?
Why?
If you are truely making bonus (getting paid more than the total hours you you would have gotten paid without skipping any break or working off the clock) then you are not giving them time. However many bonus drivers will make 20 minutes in bonus but give UPS a half an hour+ off the clock (before start time and skipped paid break).

However you would still be violating the law, the contract, and safety rules (even in a bonus center) if you worked off the clock.

Last edited:

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The serious we start so late is the yahoos in Syracuse can't get our stuff here any earlier.

As for the rest of your drivel------yawn.

You're such a hypocritical idiot. Yes work for free. Keep doing it. You might as well just hand ups your money at the end of the week.

An off the street hire that got turned down for management.

Yep. You're life makes me and everyone else yawn and laugh hysterically at how pathetic you are.