Pension for all hours worked or A/C?

Pension air conditioning

• Pension Contribution for All Hours Worked

• Air Conditioning

Results are only viewable after voting.

Over70irregs

No, we have nothing. Have to find something on the open market. Story for another thread but I wonder how other locals are able to provide affordable healthcare for their retirees, I would like to know where the funding comes from to do so so I can present it to our local.
Must be west or north. I hope leadership is taking notes on poll. Pension hours solve OT, 9.5, drivers retiring,

Last edited:

Red Headed Stranger

Retirees just buy on the open market, about $1,000 average for a couple from what they tell me. Not all that bad I guess. To stay on the locals plan it’s about $1700 for a couple.
Not sure where you are located, but health insurance for my husband and myself prior to my working at UPS was costing us about $1,800 per month in premiums + mine was a high deductible ($6,900) before it would pay anything. You would definitely be better off staying on the local's plan if they offer the same coverage you have now.

I GOT ONE MORE

Interesting thread, pension hands down.

Your pension is not admired until you start receiving it.
MOST jobs don't have one. Most folks must live off SS and their savings.

I took SS at 62. I did the math, I would break even in 11years and 10 months if I waited to FRA.
Having SS, pension, and 401k (which is all in an IRA now) completely replaced my income, and then some.

Here in the Western Conference, you retire with your insurance for $300/month for a couple.
When one reaches 65, medicare takes over with your retiree insurance taking 2nd position....kinda like a supplement or advantage plan. Monthly cost is reduced $100, when the other spouse reaches 65....monthly cost is reduced another $100.
So you end up with secondary insurance for $100 monthly.
There are still copays and annual deductibles($400) and 80/20 for the first $1000 before the retiree Insurance acts like active employee insurance. And $165 monthly fee for the government Medicare. I find out soon how all that works.

It's more than you were used to paying, but still a huge bargain compared to others and the open market.

One MAJOR caveat for the Western Conference, when you retire.....do not let your insurance lapse.
Active and retiree insurance are not connected. So when you are applying for pension benefits, you also must apply for retiree insurance benefits. They are completely separate and require TWO different applications. They are not connected or automatic.
If you have a gap from active to retiree, you will lose your insurance benefit forever.
Some of my coworkers found out the hard way.

You job has provided well for all things you have, and will continue to, well after that weekly paycheck stops.

Over70irregs

I took SS at 62. I did the math, I would break even in 11years and 10 months if I waited to FRA.
Having SS, pension, and 401k (which is all in an IRA now) completely replaced my income, and then some.

Here in the Western Conference, you retire with your insurance for $300/month for a couple.
When one reaches 65, medicare takes over with your retiree insurance taking 2nd position....kinda like a supplement or advantage plan. Monthly cost is reduced $100, when the other spouse reaches 65....monthly cost is reduced another $100.
There are still copays and annual deductibles($400) and 80/20 for the first $1000 before the retiree Insurance acts like active employee insurance. And $165 monthly fee for the government Medicare. I find out soon how all that works.

It's more than you were used to paying, but still a huge bargain compared to others and the open market.

One MAJOR caveat for the Western Conference, when you retire.....do not let your insurance lapse.
Active and retiree insurance are not connected. So when you are applying for pension benefits, you also must apply for retiree insurance benefits. They are completely separate and require TWO different applications. They are not connected or automatic.
If you have a gap from active to retiree, you will lose your insurance benefit forever.

You job has provided well for all things you have, and will continue to, well after that weekly paycheck stops.
This was a “CLINIC” post people. I have screenshoted and saved this one.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Pension for all hours worked or A/C? Vote Your conscious.
Obvious answer, but, was this ever actually offered? (No). Ever think that many years from now, all the A/C in package cars will benefit the next generation? Not sure I understand all the anger over A/C package cars?

Over70irregs

Obvious answer, but, was this ever actually offered? (No). Ever think that many years from now, all the A/C in package cars will benefit the next generation? Not sure I understand all the anger over A/C package cars?
You do understand commercials before the real movie? Distraction brownie points are an employer manipulation tactic. Let the shock n awe go into my bank instead of a future cooled tank.