Pension letter

rod

Retired 22 years
So the government (taxpayers) make up the difference.

They would under that plan because the pbgc would run out of money in a day under that plan.

Tired of taxpayers picking up the tab for other people's screw ups.

Get back to me on that when they come after your pension. Its ok to bail out auto companies, financial institutions and ever Tom Dick and Harry in a 3-piece suit but when some 70 year old guy who gave 30 plus years to a company gets his pension cut in half - friend.... him.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Get back to me on that when they come after your pension. Its ok to bail out auto companies, financial institutions and ever Tom Dick and Harry in a 3-piece suit but when some 70 year old guy who gave 30 plus years to a company gets his pension cut in half - friend.... him.
That's why you plan your retirement strategy as if a pension doesn't exist.

In the end, only we ourselves are responsible for our future and direction

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It wasn't right to bail any of them out either.

It's "right" that me who works just as hard for my money now to have more of it taken from me? Why because I'm young and you're old?

What do we like to tell management? Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not that it matters but let's do some math real quick. $250 a week with a 2.5% annual increase and 8% return. Gives me just over 2 million in the bank if I work from 25-60.

Following the 3% rule I can give myself a 5,000 dollar a month pension and never touch. Those 2 million dollars more than likely.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not that it matters but let's do some math real quick. $250 a week with a 2.5% annual increase and 8% return. Gives me just over 2 million in the bank if I work from 25-60.

Following the 3% rule I can give myself a 5,000 dollar a month pension and never touch. Those 2 million dollars more than likely.
How much a week goes in the pension right now? (Per person)

PT Car Washer

Better get going.

rod

Retired 22 years
It wasn't right to bail any of them out either.

It's "right" that me who works just as hard for my money now to have more of it taken from me? Why because I'm young and you're old?

What do we like to tell management? Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

I can live with my pension being cut ( I did plan ahead) but many will be hurting. Bail out the pensions or have more taxes taken out for Government assistance (welfare)----------It don't matter---you ARE going to pay for it in the long run. Work a few extra hours for us retirees this week sucker.

Nobody was getting rich on the Central States pension---$3,000 after 30.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I am planning my life to assume the pension won't be there when I retire.

Your mistake was planning that it would be there.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

Realistically, did you expect your pension payout to last longer than the amount of years that you worked?