Pilot strike

MAKAVELI

Sorry bro, fedex needs to save money and avoid bankruptcy

Ground taking over, layoffs, cost cutting, scraping bene's, and overall gutting of the company is the way. Employee model companies are a thing of the past

, look around the USA as well as the world is being destroyed = order out of chaos + build back better

Full timers are barely getting their minimums, routes are being absorbed, p2 sent to ground, and most people are looking for jobs outside of fedex one dollar left....

The only thing keeping the station from closing is all the heavy medical pickups in the Irvine and surrounding areas.

Deliveries are disappearing and we did not have any sort of "peak".
Go troll somewhere else bruh. You're full of 💩.

It will be fine

It's April 1st now. Maybe for you it's June but the corporate side is now April.
No it isn’t. The corporate side is June 1. Ground will still be operating as a separate company until then. I’m not sure where you're getting that the corporation will consolidate by next Monday but it’s wrong.

bacha29

April 1st....June 1st...or was it supposed to have been done by last January 1st?

"Ball Of Confusion".....The Temptations....."And the band played on".

Seriously, Fats and the boys will try to continue to fly, truck, pickup and deliver freight of some form or another. Now just exactly, who does it and how they're going to do it is a question they seem no closer to answering today then they were 6 months ago.

It's a company that has always undertaken initiatives based on the dumbest and the shallowest of assumptions.

In the past they might have been able to bull feces (can't use the S word here) their way through it. But they've never taken on something this radical. And despite all the analytics , studies, engineering models and 166 tiers of management personnel whose only time having touched cardboard was when they had to change toilet paper rolls when there was nobody else around to do it for them.... it still comes down to....pick it up here.....haul it over there....put it down someplace else.

Mutineer

There's no point in arguing about what/how/when FedEx is going to do if we all agree on what is readily observable:

FedEx hates all of it's employees and contractors.

The future of FedEx is all about finding and maintaining a workforce of poorly paid, stooge disposable labor.

If you are involved in any way with FedEx, get out if you can.

bacha29

FedEx California for sale contractors fleeing like it’s all over.
My god!. There's tons of them. All trying to get out and not profitably but rather with acceptable losses and it would appear that the only thing keeping prices from going to absolute zero are the banks who stupidly loaned the money so people could buy into this scam.

It's not just the contractors who are suing FDX under the RICO Act the banks should be in on it as well.

Proves once again that with speculators and fools with visions of sugar plums in their minds crawling up of sewers everywhere the time to have got out was 5 years ago. And again there are simply not enough people in all parts of the country willing to go out there on a continuous daily basis in all kinds of weather and do that ball busting work for half the wages and zero benefits. UPS continues to set the market for this type of labor daring FDX contractors to try and keep up.

In the meantime the success of the FDX model will still continue to be 100% totally dependent on the ability of Fat Freddy to convince somebody else to put their money at risk rather than having to use his own for a return that's on the level of checking account interest.

Artee

My point is that Express volume is just back to pre COVID levels.
Which means that volume is falling off a cliff again. Which is why FDX just announced in the last few days that its retiring more airplanes and cancelling future orders along with laying off pilot trainers. These pilots better wake up and realize that FDX is shrinking down their flying operations. Not the best time to go in and ask for raises for everyone, especially when they currently have over 700 pilots with nothing to do.

MAKAVELI

Which means that volume is falling off a cliff again. Which is why FDX just announced in the last few days that its retiring more airplanes and cancelling future orders along with laying off pilot trainers. These pilots better wake up and realize that FDX is shrinking down their flying operations. Not the best time to go in and ask for raises for everyone, especially when they currently have over 700 pilots with nothing to do.
So you think they should accept less then the UPS pilots deal?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Proves once again that with speculators and fools with visions of sugar plums in their minds crawling up of sewers everywhere the time to have got out was 5 years ago.
The time to have got out was way back when nobody should have gotten involved with that scam in the first place.

Artee

So you think they should accept less then the UPS pilots deal?
I have no idea what the UPS pilots deal is, so I cannot say.

Considering that UPS just bought out nearly 200 pilots and FDX has an excess of 700, I would say that the FDX pilots are bargaining in a less than ideal position. Tough to go in and ask for a lot of money and benefits when they are trying to eliminate you and your coworkers. Airfreight is down year over year. Planes being retired, purchase orders of new planes being cancelled. Airplanes flying packages is not the growing industry it once was.

MAKAVELI

I have no idea what the UPS pilots deal is, so I cannot say.

Considering that UPS just bought out nearly 200 pilots and FDX has an excess of 700, I would say that the FDX pilots are bargaining in a less than ideal position. Tough to go in and ask for a lot of money and benefits when they are trying to eliminate you and your coworkers. Airfreight is down year over year. Planes being retired, purchase orders of new planes being cancelled. Airplanes flying packages is not the growing industry it once was.
FedEx is trying to break the union. If FedEx is truly the top air cargo carrier, the pilots should be paid as such and at least be on the same scale as UPS pilots.