Discussion in 'Health and Medical Topics' started by near tom, Mar 8, 2008.

1. near tom

near tom Guest

We have a PT employee(Reloader) who has found out she is pregnant. Mgt seems to want to give her the ole heave ho. Anybody know about anyone getting TAW for this situation?
  2. Fnix

Fnix Active Member

they did in my center. took off like 6 months
  3. Austin316

Austin316 Guest

It is against federal law for any woman in any position at ANY job to be terminated based on being pregnant.
  4. tieguy

tieguy Banned

Did he say someone got pregnant and management wants to heave the ho?:)
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  5. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

She's not a ho.

She's monogamously challenged.

(Is THAT ^ a word???)
  6. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Either it's a word or a river in Pennsylvania. :happy-very:
  7. UPS Lifer

UPS Lifer Well-Known Member

I smell a troll

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

What does management care if she doesn't come to work for that time after giving birth. they aren't paying her. She should be able to collect STD though while she is off on FMLA.
  9. UPS Lifer

UPS Lifer Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like she wants to keep working and probably can't do quite the same job as before.

This is a very touchy subject - she should get her BA to help her with this particular situation.
  10. rod

rod retired and happy

Why would she want to collect Sexually Transmitted Diseases while she is off?:dissapointed:
  11. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I don't think that is what Cementups meant!!!:nurse:
  12. rod

rod retired and happy

That's easy for you to say with a handle like " scratch" :happy2:
  13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I should have known better. I knew as soon as I typed it that I shouldnt have but then I figured I would wait and see how long it tokk someone to have that reply. I thought for sure it would have been the first post.
  14. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

And your handle is "Rod"? I was going to give you some Rep for your comment, but the Rep Program won't let me yet.:happy-very:

15. I thought pregnancy was a sexually transmitted disease?
  16. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

This isnt Joe again, is it?
  17. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

You guys and your user names are a howl! Thanks for the comedy while I wait for my over 2 hour late Sunday papaer!
  18. disneyworld

disneyworld Active Member

Ok-that was funny!!!!!
  19. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

Back to the thread

We had a driver that was pregnant, and she worked past 8 months. Was gone 4 weeks, and back in the truck. Tough as nails. Her hubby I guess stayed home with the child, as she makes more than he. For all the jokes about women and doing the job, she has my respect! She earned her job, just like the rest of us.

20. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

I don't think there is TAW for part-timers, They could put her in the small sort until she needs to take time off, but I don't think it is UPS's obligation to do this. They can't fire her either. I guess they could make her life miserable and hope she quits..