Preliminary Read on Medical Plans

MassWineGuy

Yes, of course. Whining away. How, which statement exactly? Don’t mean to tax your brain cells, Union Strong.

Wrote about wine for many years, hence the name.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yes, of course. Whining away. How, which statement exactly? Don’t mean to tax your brain cells, Union Strong.

Wrote about wine for many years, hence the name.
And now you only Whine. Sad. Maybe you can write about wine and pay for your healthcare and pension. 69 and facing another 4 years of work, you’ve done well for yourself. 🤣 And counting on SS! 🤣.

MassWineGuy

I don’t know why you’re attacking me. If it’s simply because I work for FedEx or don’t have it as good as you claim you do, then you’re incredibly disturbed. Or do you just get it up by putting others down?

And, no way am I going to rely on Social Security. That’s impossible.

It’s genuinely great that UPS benefits are as wonderful as they are. Use them to the max. Not everyone is as lucky. And when you start, don’t you have to work for a while without any benefits?

UnionStrong

I don’t know why you’re attacking me. If it’s simply because I work for FedEx, then you’re incredibly disturbed. Or do you just get it up by putting others down?

For any others similarly gifted, which apparently includes many, no way am I going to rely on Social Security. That’s impossible.

It’s genuinely great that UPS benefits are as wonderful as they are. Use them to the max. Not everyone is as lucky. And when you start, don’t you have to work for a while without any benefits?
I’m not attacking you, little snowflake. I’ve made my position on FedEx Express quite clear, nothing but respect. When I started we got benefits after 30 days. You should be on Medicare anyway. Quit bitching.

MassWineGuy

I see your point. Sticking with traditional Medicare or having an advantage plan both have strengths and downsides. Nothing comes free, even with $0 premiums.

UnionStrong

I see your point. Sticking with traditional Medicare or having an advantage plan both have strengths and downsides. Nothing comes free, even with $0 premiums.
I pay 164 a month with an advantage plan from Cigna since I’m in Az and they’re big here. I get dental and prescriptions, eyeglass allowance, all kinds of stuff. I don’t see a down side. But I’m relatively healthy and take few meds. If you’re eligible, check it out.

bacha29

Keep in mind something though. A Medicare Advantage plan is really nothing more than Medicare managed by a third party and paid good money by Medicare to manage the program for them. This is why third parties who have Medicare contracts are out there advertising them so hard.
However in my state I discovered that the additional benefits of a Medicare Supplement plan compared to Medicare Advantage was only equal to the additional premiums paid for the Medicare Supplement plan.
As a result my provider which is a university owned healthcare system would sell me a Medicare Supplement plan ONLY if I insisted on it.

Can't confirm it but I had once heard that insurers offering Medicare Advantage get $1000 per month per subscriber from Medicare just for managing the program.

Aa for me I have Medicare Advantage. I pay the Medicare premium which next year will be $174 a month plus the Medicare Advantage premium of $23 a month for the extra benefits which are worth the extra premium.

Now if you're income and personal assets are low enough and you're lucky enough to live in a state that is enrolled in the expanded Medicaid program that insurer will bury you in free or extremely low cost coverage.

For those who continue to go around scaring people preaching the evils of socialized healthcare....Well, pal we already have socialized healthcare.....It's called Medicare and Medicaid.....And we've had it for 60 years.

UnionStrong

Keep in mind something though. A Medicare Advantage plan is really nothing more than Medicare managed by a third party and paid good money by Medicare to manage the program for them. This is why third parties who have Medicare contracts are out there advertising them so hard.
However in my state I discovered that the additional benefits of a Medicare Supplement plan compared to Medicare Advantage was only equal to the additional premiums paid for the Medicare Supplement plan.
As a result my provider which is a university owned healthcare system would sell me a Medicare Supplement plan ONLY if I insisted on it.

Can't confirm it but I had once heard that insurers offering Medicare Advantage get $1000 per month per subscriber from Medicare just for managing the program.

Aa for me I have Medicare Advantage. I pay the Medicare premium which next year will be $174 a month plus the Medicare Advantage premium of $23 a month for the extra benefits which are worth the extra premium.

Now if you're income and personal assets are low enough and you're lucky enough to live in a state that is enrolled in the expanded Medicaid program that insurer will bury you in free or extremely low cost coverage.

For those who continue to go around scaring people preaching the evils of socialized healthcare....Well, pal we already have socialized healthcare.....It's called Medicare and Medicaid.....And we've had it for 60 years.
Ok pal. BTW, zero premium required for most plans.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

No, Medicare is not socialized medicine. Socialized medicine is when the government pays for health care and operates the hospitals. In Medicare, the government pays for doctors and hospitals, but does not own or employ them.

Medicare is a publicly funded health care program that ensures a universal right to health care for people age 65 and older. It was enacted in 1965 through the Social Security Act.

Medicare is not the only example of publicly funded health care in the United States. Other examples include: Medicaid, Veteran's Affairs.

The Veterans Administration (VA) system is an example of socialized medicine in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socia...aid are forms,the senior, not the government.