Preliminary Read on Medical Plans

bacha29

No, Medicare is not socialized medicine. Socialized medicine is when the government pays for health care and operates the hospitals. In Medicare, the government pays for doctors and hospitals, but does not own or employ them.

Medicare is a publicly funded health care program that ensures a universal right to health care for people age 65 and older. It was enacted in 1965 through the Social Security Act.

Medicare is not the only example of publicly funded health care in the United States. Other examples include: Medicaid, Veteran's Affairs.

The Veterans Administration (VA) system is an example of socialized medicine in the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialized_medicine#:~:text=Medicare and Medicaid are forms,the senior, not the government.
Medicaid is Medicare for the poorest Americans and is part of Medicare. Medicare does not directly employ medical doctors but it too is a managed care system staffed by qualified medical professionals who run the precertification process.

As for your attempt to distinguish socialized healthcare from Medicare consider this. During COVID the healthcare system in my area which is a system of licensed nonprofit hospitals which like all nonprofit hospitals turn profits but are not taxed had some anti mask employees who refused to mask up.

In response the president of the system took the employees out and showed them what the bear did in the woods by informing them of the fact that 66% of the healthcare system's revenues comes directly from Medicare and if the system wanted to continue to do business with Medicare those people would either mask up or get out.

What Medicare wants Medicare gets and whether or not it's considered socialized medicine it is however the system's lowest cost provider because it has no shareholder pockets to line and it's system of fee negotiation has brought some degree of price controls to the industry.

zeev

FedEx employees remember when dealing with UHC always record your calls, they will try to weasel out of any payments they are contracted to make, remember FedEx’s goal is to close out Express by June 2024.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Medicaid is Medicare for the poorest Americans and is part of Medicare. Medicare does not directly employ medical doctors but it too is a managed care system staffed by qualified medical professionals who run the precertification process.

As for your attempt to distinguish socialized healthcare from Medicare consider this. During COVID the healthcare system in my area which is a system of licensed nonprofit hospitals which like all nonprofit hospitals turn profits but are not taxed had some anti mask employees who refused to mask up.

In response the president of the system took the employees out and showed them what the bear did in the woods by informing them of the fact that 66% of the healthcare system's revenues comes directly from Medicare and if the system wanted to continue to do business with Medicare those people would either mask up or get out.

What Medicare wants Medicare gets and whether or not it's considered socialized medicine it is however the system's lowest cost provider because it has no shareholder pockets to line and it's system of fee negotiation has brought some degree of price controls to the industry.
Good, we agree that Medicare isn’t socialized medicine.

Next time please use fewer words to surrender.

bacha29

Good, we agree that Medicare isn’t socialized medicine.

Next time please use fewer words to surrender.
Wrong Medicare is still the undisputed driver of the American healthcare system and evidenced by the size of it's provider network and the insatiable desire by insurers to get a piece of that contract work.
Given it's size an unlike private insurers who prior to the ACA would only insure low risk subscribers Medicare is available to all Americans at age 65 regardless of whether they are a high health risk or a low health risk how can you not say that it is not America's version of universal and for all intents and purposes socialized healthcare?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wrong Medicare is still the undisputed driver of the American healthcare system and evidenced by the size of it's provider network and the insatiable desire by insurers to get a piece of that contract work.
Given it's size an unlike private insurers who prior to the ACA would only insure low risk subscribers Medicare is available to all Americans at age 65 regardless of whether they are a high health risk or a low health risk how can you not say that it is not America's version of universal and for all intents and purposes socialized healthcare?
See Post #39.

Doesn't meet the definition.

bacha29

See Post #39.

Doesn't meet the definition.
Thank you. I read your suggested reading including the part that describes Medicare and Medicaid as a "looser form of socialized healthcare". That's good enough for me. And if you currently are or soon will be covered under Medicare or Medicaid then you might just have to accept that definition as well.
Then again if you dislike how the Medicare/Medicaid system works or it's conflicts with your political ideology you don't have to enroll. You're free to pursue other options.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Thank you. I read your suggested reading including the part that describes Medicare and Medicaid as a "looser form of socialized healthcare". That's good enough for me. And if you currently are or soon will be covered under Medicare or Medicaid then you might just have to accept that definition as well.
Then again if you dislike how the Medicare/Medicaid system works or it's conflicts with your political ideology you don't have to enroll. You're free to pursue other options.
And you keep wearing out your tired old trope. Maybe it will keep you warm this winter.

bacha29

And you keep wearing out your tired old trope. Maybe it will keep you warm this winter.
Oh poor baby. I simply used the source you directed me to in order to settle the matter.
That's the trouble with MAGA's. They believe that critical social programs must be destroyed because they are Democrat created and passed while the MAGA's have failed to offer something better in addition to depending on those programs for their own economic survival.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Oh poor baby. I simply used the source you directed me to in order to settle the matter.
That's the trouble with MAGA's. They believe that critical social programs must be destroyed because they are Democrat created and passed while the MAGA's have failed to offer something better in addition to depending on those programs for their own economic survival.
🤣🤣🤣 33 trillion in debt. Fool

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Right there!

Right there is your problem. You believe in unlimited funding of all social programs. Anyone who opposes that unlimited funding wants to (your words) destroy the program. You live in a black and white world that doesn’t exist.

bacha29

Right there!

Right there is your problem. You believe in unlimited funding of all social programs. Anyone who opposes that unlimited funding wants to (your words) destroy the program. You live in a black and white world that doesn’t exist.
Wrong. Show me where I have proposed unlimited funding? When it comes to public social program funding MAGA's are all for elimination of all public social program funding just as long as the programs they're drawing benefits from remain fully funded.

Yes, many Democrat social programs have their faults and shortcomings while we continue to wait for the MAGA's to come up with something better but to this point they have offered nothing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Right there!

He just can't argue his position rationally, so he resorts to logical fallacies...

Appeal to the extreme fallacy, where he takes the idea of cuts to the extreme, incorrectly suggesting you want complete elimination of the programs.

And black or white fallacy, where he pretends there is no middle ground between unlimited funding and elimination all together.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He just can't argue his position rationally, so he resorts to logical fallacies...

Appeal to the extreme fallacy, where he takes the idea of cuts to the extreme, incorrectly suggesting you want complete elimination of the programs.

And black or white fallacy, where he pretends there is no middle ground between unlimited funding and elimination all together.
Exactly.

bacha29

Once again, I challenge you and your MAGA pals to come up with better ideas.
You people keep hollering for spending cuts but repeatedly fail to identify where they are to be made out of fear that you might be negatively impacted by them.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Once again, I challenge you and your MAGA pals to come up with better ideas.
You people keep hollering for spending cuts but repeatedly fail to identify where they are to be made out of fear that you might be negatively impacted by them.
Why don’t you shock us into silence by proposing a single, significant cut?

vantexan

Wrong. Show me where I have proposed unlimited funding? When it comes to public social program funding MAGA's are all for elimination of all public social program funding just as long as the programs they're drawing benefits from remain fully funded.

Yes, many Democrat social programs have their faults and shortcomings while we continue to wait for the MAGA's to come up with something better but to this point they have offered nothing.
Bacha: Show me where I have proposed unlimited funding?
Vantexan: OK, let's cut funding across the board.
Bacha: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

bacha29

Bacha: Show me where I have proposed unlimited funding?
Vantexan: OK, let's cut funding across the board.
Bacha: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Your popular US senator Rick Scott in his 12 multi point plan to "save" America demanded that we so called " sunset" too chicken to come out and tell what he really meant and that was the elimination of all federal programs then only bring back what he considered to be "worthwhile".

Not a single one of you voiced your support for his plan. Why not?....Simple. You are all currently drawing benefits from them or you are counting off the days until you can begin drawing.....You plainly admitted that much yourself

Same as before with you people. Eliminate someone else's benefits but not yours. Because that's what you are or soon will be living on.

The topic of this thread was the ongoing decision by FDX to jettison it's retired for workforce. Why?
1. You not making money for them anymore.
2. Because they are legally entitled to do so.

And what are you people discussing here regarding your opinions?
1. Getting on your wife's employer's plan.
2. But what if you don't have a wife or one that works or she does work but her employer's plan only covers the employed person?
3. Going into the Obamacare health insurance exchanges and look for subsidized health insurance.
4. Do nothing then throw yourself onto the hospital's welfare charity cases with your care paid for with tax deductible charity donations and surcharges tacked onto service fees paid for by insurers then passed to subscribers
5.Do nothing hoping that nothing happens health wise counting off the days until you can do what?.....Qualify for Medicare..

You can't have it both ways. Either you support continued funding in accordance with funding requirements set forth by law or you're willing to accept significant program funding cuts that will indeed impact you personally and in a way you're not going to like.

The choice is yours.