Preload: getting moved to a harder pull

useyourloadstand

One night the hub manager came into my trailer and complained about my pieces per wall. I told him I would work on it and do my best. A week later they had a new guy in my trailer and I went to an easier trailer. That's how ups works get the people who want to work in the hard trailers and the people who work safe and smart in the easier trailers.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
One night the hub manager came into my trailer and complained about my pieces per wall. I told him I would work on it and do my best. A week later they had a new guy in my trailer and I went to an easier trailer. That's how ups works get the people who want to work in the hard trailers and the people who work safe and smart in the easier trailers.

And when those people that actually work their damnest they get persecuted and drilled like it's their fault for getting hurt it's a damn shame

Poop Head

Judge me.
And when those people that actually work their damnest they get persecuted and drilled like it's their fault for getting hurt it's a damn shame
56342541.jpg

dudebro

With few exceptions, it usually is their fault. Why do you think 5 people have told you to work safely in the space of 24 posts? They ARE giving good advice.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
With few exceptions, it usually is their fault. Why do you think 5 people have told you to work safely in the space of 24 posts? They ARE giving good advice.

Nah I know man you got me wrong it's the way management tends to crack that whip on their employees and then preach safety it's makes it seem like safety is a scam.

km3

Nah I know man you got me wrong it's the way management tends to crack that whip on their employees and then preach safety it's makes it seem like safety is a scam.

It is. They just preach safety so they're not liable. Until it comes time to fill out the injury/worker's comp paperwork, they really don't care if you get injured or not. If you actually get injured, they'll try to tell you to shake it off so they don't have to deal with it.

i Misload Next Day Airs

Pfft..... I used to work Hard and Sweat My @$$ Off........ Now...... I Work as Safe as Possible and as Directed. Want me to go help who? Sure No Problem. You want me to run this to a Diff Pen? Sure No Problem. But best believe I keep track when its time for my Break and after every 4th Hr and Hr after Im taking my quick 5mins also. Shoot Ill be backed up to the next drop and still take my break...... Lots of BS going on in our Hub But Teamsters are finally Starting to Stand up and File plus call Corp.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
So today at work the girl that is doing my old pull is actually backed up further than I was so when I was done I went to go help her finish her job and when I get over there I see my :censored2:ing part time sup loading a car for her.

This is the first time I've ever had to do this but I actually told him to stop touching packages. That hit home man, that's my :censored2:ing pull. How is he going to take someone that does the job perfect nearly everyday away from the said job, just to help the replacement load because she's backed up? :censored2: that and :censored2: him management is worthless

i Misload Next Day Airs

So today at work the girl that is doing my old pull is actually backed up further than I was so when I was done I went to go help her finish her job and when I get over there I see my :censored2:ing part time sup loading a car for her.

This is the first time I've ever had to do this but I actually told him to stop touching packages. That hit home man, that's my :censored2:ing pull. How is he going to take someone that does the job perfect nearly everyday away from the said job, just to help the replacement load because she's backed up? :censored2: that and :censored2: him management is worthless

My Fav thing to do is walk up to them and ask if they are a preloader or a supervisor. When they reply with "Supervisor" then ask them if they are training an employee or demonstrating to an employee how to work then go on with "Because I've been watching work for an "x" amount of time"
Most get Tongue tied...... After a few seconds Just say Ill just file a grievance and see what the outcome is....

PRICELESS

Once you read the "Bible" and know your "RIGHTS" working for UPS No Longer Becomes "Hard Work" But Most you don't like to Read so keep "WORKING HARD"

I now Enjoy the days I go into Work I usually end up getting full-time pay for Part-time Hours.

Thanks UPS Management.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
My Fav thing to do is walk up to them and ask if they are a preloader or a supervisor. When they reply with "Supervisor" then ask them if they are training an employee or demonstrating to an employee how to work then go on with "Because I've been watching work for an "x" amount of time"
Most get Tongue tied...... After a few seconds Just say Ill just file a grievance and see what the outcome is....

PRICELESS

Once you read the "Bible" and know your "RIGHTS" working for UPS No Longer Becomes "Hard Work" But Most you don't like to Read so keep "WORKING HARD"

I now Enjoy the days I go into Work I usually end up getting full-time pay for Part-time Hours.

Thanks UPS Management.

Can you find this ups bible anywhere online by chance? Sounds like something I need to read.

dudebro

That's true. I'm in management (not in operations anymore though), and part of management's job is to create a sense of urgency. Despite what people say here, that is necessary too. I was here in the 90's when we tried NOT doing that. Costs increased faster than revenue, and quality and safety didn't improve a lick either.

However, the one thing you learn as you gain experience, is that YOU can take care of yourself better than anyone else. So while you might *feel* pressured to scramble over a pile of packages, you'll find that the most successful, long term employees here don't do that. They stick to the methods, and work at a pace their bodies can sustain. It takes a certain amount of mental toughness, but everyone can do it.

And as union members, I've come to understand that the rights the Teamsters have bargained for have to be vigorously defended or they can be lost. So I don't take it personally anymore when a shop steward wants to talk to me about something. 99% of the time they're doing what they're supposed to, by defending the rights in the contract.

Mr. Marshall

I preloaded for 10 years before driving and I was always in one of the hardest areas and was told that seniority meant nothing when assigning areas. Always seemed wrong to me. I don't think people should be allowed to move willy nilly by the day but you should at least be allowed to choose a semi-permanet area.

dudebro

I don't think people should be allowed to move willy nilly by the day but you should at least be allowed to choose a semi-permanet area.

Most loaders get a permanent area by default. Once you know a set, management will keep you there because it's one less fire to put out later with misloads, etc. It just might not be the area you wanted.

Mr. Marshall

Most loaders get a permanent area by default. Once you know a set, management will keep you there because it's one less fire to put out later with misloads, etc. It just might not be the area you wanted.
That was certainly the case before Pal but since then they move people around a lot. I seemingly have a new loader every three months with my old loaders in adjoining areas and when I asked them what happened I always here stories of new hires being short and can't work certain cages or unable to finsh areas or can't handle 4 truck areas.

Indecisi0n

Correct.

Don't EVER tell management what you are or are not gonna do....especially if it's in retaliation for their stupidity. To do so puts a target on your back and they will be watching.

Keep your mouth shut and work at a safe pace.
Agree. Close your eyes and just let it happen.