PreLoader description

browner89

Loading the trailers, it was exhausting. Hope i get better within a week or two.

If you're not used to working physically it can take a few days for the after-work aches to stop aching. Your body is doing things its not used to doing for such prolonged periods of time.

If you're not used to working physically it can take a few days for the after-work aches to stop aching. Your body is doing things its not used to doing for such prolonged periods of time.
Yeah, hopefully it adapts quickly. Just making them walls were my challenge, it wasn't that bad, i guess i'll get better at it as im learning.

browner89

Yeah, hopefully it adapts quickly. Just making them walls were my challenge, it wasn't that bad, i guess i'll get better at it as im learning.

You'll definitely get better, just remember that was only day 1 on the new job, until you reach seniority deal with all the bull:censored2:. You CAN be let go for any reason, once you hit those 30days its all gravy.

You will get used to it all if you try.

You'll definitely get better, just remember that was only day 1 on the new job, until you reach seniority deal with all the bull:censored2:. You CAN be let go for any reason, once you hit those 30days its all gravy.

You will get used to it all if you try.
I will, i will not quit. Is it 30 days or 40 days of labor until i can get in with the union?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Loading the trailers, it was exhausting. Hope i get better within a week or two.
I started unloading trailers. Almost quit after the third day.

Back, arms and legs were so sore to the point that they ached. Stuck with it.

By the fifth day, I started getting used to it. Didn't hurt nearly as much. By day 8 or 9 did not hurt at all.

The way I looked at it was that UPS paid me to work out. Lost 15 pounds before I qualified and got down to fighting weight.

I started unloading trailers. Almost quit after the third day.

Back, arms and legs were so sore to the point that they ached. Stuck with it.

By the fifth day, I started getting used to it. Didn't hurt nearly as much. By day 8 or 9 did not hurt at all.

The way I looked at it was that UPS paid me to work out. Lost 15 pounds before I qualified and got down to fighting weight.
Sheesh man, thanks for the input. I hope by next week my body adapts to it. I believe u about the thought of quitting lol its no joke, im pretty sure everybody thinks about that during their first days lol

J

jibbs

Sheesh man, thanks for the input. I hope by next week my body adapts to it. I believe u about the thought of quitting lol its no joke, im pretty sure everybody thinks about that during their first days lol

I'm like 3 years in and the thought hits me at least once a day.

Not making any promises but you'll probably be the same. Thing is, the job is worth it-- even when it feels like it's not. That's what I tell myself, at least....

[EDIT: Also, eventually that ache you all are talking about will either go away or you'll become so used to it that it just doesn't bother you anymore.

I actually like it when I'm sore after the preload nowadays. Means I actually got a workout in. The early days saw me losing tons of weight and coming home like incapacitated every weekday. Eh... It makes you stronger. More fit. No bull:censored2:. Paid workout, every day. Best way to look at it, imo, because that outlook will also help you consistently get better at your job, and help manage stress levels by keeping supervisors off your ass for the most part.]

Last edited by a moderator:

box_beeyotch

Def worth it in the long run just for the insurance benefits alone. Plus it's easy money and a short shift, just a little bit of physical work.