President Obama!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Re: Obamanation here today

You scare me because you're black.
At least that would have been honest.

Suppression of political debate by crying racist?

That was my point..:peaceful:
If there was any suppression of political debate going on here, you might actually have a point. Take a look around, there are two very active threads titled "Gov Healthcare" and "cash for clunkers". That's political debate.
Now go read Pritchett's letter again, it's just a list of personal attacks and codewords (Obama's sooo scary! He's, you know, "different" than the other presidents. Scary! We don't know anything about him! Scary! Extremist! Scary! Muslim! Scary! I'm scared of him! He's scary!) It's pathetic and contemptible, in addition to being a pretty see though appeal to racism and xenophobia. But hey, if that's your idea of political debate, don't let me suppress you. Have at it.

tieguy

Banned

If there was any suppression of political debate going on here, you might actually have a point. Take a look around, there are two very active threads titled "Gov Healthcare" and "cash for clunkers". That's political debate.
Now go read Pritchett's letter again, it's just a list of personal attacks and codewords (Obama's sooo scary! He's, you know, "different" than the other presidents. Scary! We don't know anything about him! Scary! Extremist! Scary! Muslim! Scary! I'm scared of him! He's scary!) It's pathetic and contemptible, in addition to being a pretty see though appeal to racism and xenophobia. But hey, if that's your idea of political debate, don't let me suppress you. Have at it.

Jonesy I am surprised at how you're throwing the racist line out there.

You can dispute some of the letter but there is a lot in it that has roots.

Heck you never saw us defend bush by accusing you of being biased against the mentally disabled.:happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Jonesy I am surprised at how you're throwing the racist line out there.

You can dispute some of the letter but there is a lot in it that has roots.

Heck you never saw us defend bush by accusing you of being biased against the mentally disabled.:happy-very:
Well, I never accused Bush of being mentally disabled. I just thought he was wrong about a lot of things.

fact check

HB 1388 PASSED and you lose
You just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States ; housing, food, the whole enchilada...

Snipped out the rest of the cut and paste fear mongering post

A reasoned explanation of this tripe is here:
http://www.factcheck.org/2009/05/hr-1388-passed-behind-our-backs/

a snippet:

Q: Did Obama pay for Hamas-affiliated terrorists to emigrate to the United States?

A: This claim is false. The president’s memorandum to the State Department would pay for refugee assistance in Gaza, not for transporting anyone to the U.S.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama’s supporters promised that his election would allow America to “transcend race." Among the headlines:

The Boston Globe: "Obama shows an ability to transcend race”

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: “Obama's success suggests we can transcend race”

But of course that hasn’t happened. Jonah Goldberg writes:
It was Obama’s supporters who hinted, teased, promised, and prophesied that Obama would help America “transcend race.” But now, it is they who shrink from their own promised land…

From Day 1, Obama’s supporters have tirelessly cultivated the idea that anything inconvenient for the first black president just might be terribly, terribly racist.

Goldberg has plenty of examples:
For instance, actress Janeane Garofalo summed up the tea parties thusly: “This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up.”

In an ABC News story about how racist white militias are somehow connected to town-hall protests, Mark Potok of the dismayingly left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center insists Obama has “triggered fears among fairly large numbers of white people in this country that they are somehow losing their country.”

Come on. Every president eventually is criticized by the media – even one as “transcendent” as Obama. The President’s supporters should engage his critics with facts, not charges of racism.

fact check

During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama’s supporters promised that his election would allow America to “transcend race." Among the headlines:

The Boston Globe: "Obama shows an ability to transcend race”

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution: “Obama's success suggests we can transcend race”

It was Obama’s supporters who hinted, teased, promised, and prophesied that Obama would help America “transcend race.” But now, it is they who shrink from their own promised land…

From Day 1, Obama’s supporters have tirelessly cultivated the idea that anything inconvenient for the first black president just might be terribly, terribly racist.

Goldberg has plenty of examples:
For instance, actress Janeane Garofalo summed up the tea parties thusly: “This is about hating a black man in the White House. This is racism straight up.”

In an ABC News story about how racist white militias are somehow connected to town-hall protests, Mark Potok of the dismayingly left-wing Southern Poverty Law Center insists Obama has “triggered fears among fairly large numbers of white people in this country that they are somehow losing their country.”

Come on. Every president eventually is criticized by the media – even one as “transcendent” as Obama. The President’s supporters should engage his critics with facts, not charges of racism.

Stossel and Goldberg? Really?

http://crooksandliars.com/logan-murphy/abcs-john-stossel-it-again-all-critic

Okay, two can play:

Here we go again. ABC's resident Glenn Beck wannabe, John Stossel, whines in a recent blog entry that all critics of President Obama are labeled racists by his supporters. To prove his point, he cites an article by a right wing pundit who has been consistently wrong about issues of race -- Jonah Goldberg.

During the presidential campaign, Barack Obama’s supporters promised that his election would allow America to “transcend race."

Without one shred of evidence to back up his assertions, Stossel ends his screed with this:

Come on. Every president eventually is criticized by the media – even one as “transcendent” as Obama. The President’s supporters should engage his critics with facts, not charges of racism. Read on...

Facts? If Mr. Stossel wants facts, he sure picked the wrong person to quote on his blog. The fact is, that racism is driving the heavy resurgence of right wing militias in this country. It is a fact that threats against our newest president have skyrocketed, and his race plays a huge role. The Minuteman movement is based on extreme racism and xenophobia, and all of this is being perpetuated daily by Republican politicians, Fox News and the titular head of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh, who gleefully aired a parody about President Obama called "Barack the Magic Negro."

I'm not trying to say that all critics of President Obama are racists, but there's no denying the fact that racism permeates much of the Republican Party, it's punditry and media. Oh and there's this, this, this and this -- and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Hey Stossel, if you're going to make these broad allegations, you need to come to the table with more than just quotes from Doughy Pantload wetting himself over Janeane Garofal

tieguy

Banned

I'm not trying to say that all critics of President Obama are racists, but there's no denying the fact that racism permeates much of the Republican Party,l

thats a cop out and meant to be a distraction to put Obamas critics back on their heels. Nothing more.

The democratic party should be deeply embarrassed that so many members of their party would resort to such cheap theatrics to stifle honest debate on the issues.

It just reinforces my point that the the biggest racists have always been on the liberal side of the fence.

moreluck

golden ticket member

If I hate B.O. as a president, it's not because of the color of his skin.....It's because he has no experience except with the crime ridden city if Chicago. He's destroying my country. He's spending more than God. He's a liar and all the hope & change he promised a year ago is not exactly what his supporters had in mind and now they are too proud to admit they were wrong.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

I have stated this before and been called many not nice names.
Barry Soetoro aka BHO is nothing but a con artist, a flim-flam man.
He claims a lot of things about himself, his past, and what he promises to do.But he keeps changing his facts and his past to suit whatever .
You can call me a racist, many have. But please try to remember that I only hate his white half, the side that everyone else has been avoiding.
........................................................................................

I have seen lately many articles written regarding the fact that some of his own supporters have come to the same conclusion as I did.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Er, um, what I really meant was...:rolleyes:

Rep. Jenkins: GOP looking for 'great white hope'
(AP) – 2 hours ago
TOPEKA, Kan. — U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins told a recent gathering in northeast Kansas that the Republican Party is looking for a "great white hope" to help stop President Barack Obama's political agenda.
Videotape shows Jenkins, a Republican, making the comment at an Aug. 19 forum. She was discussing the GOP's future after Democrats took control of the House and Senate and Obama became the nation's first black president. Jenkins is white.
Jenkins spokeswoman Mary Geiger told The Associated Press Thursday Jenkins apologizes for her word choice and did not intend to offend anyone. A White House spokesman withheld comment ahead of Thursday afternoon's on-the-record briefing.
The term stems from the early 1900s when there was a campaign to find a white boxer who could defeat heavyweight boxing champion Jack Johnson, who was black.
She then went on to suggest three candidates: U.S. representatives Eric Cantor of Virginia, Kevin McCarthy of California and Paul Ryan of Wisconsin. And wouldn't you know, they're all white. You just can't make this stuff up ;)

moreluck

golden ticket member

What? We can't use phrases?? The Great White Hope could also be Michael Steele....just using a phrase.

You must get really upset when someone uses "That's like the po calling the kettle black" oooooo.... RACIST pharase !!!!

Can I dig my garden with a spade ?????????????

Can I have a coon dog as a pet ??????????????

You're just looking for racism in all the wrong places. Give it up!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

What? We can't use phrases?? The Great White Hope could also be Michael Steele....just using a phrase.

You must get really upset when someone uses "That's like the pot calling the kettle black" oooooo.... RACIST phrase !!!!

Can I dig my garden with a spade ?????????????

Can I have a coon dog as a pet ??????????????

You're just looking for racism in all the wrong places. Give it up!
Well, unlike those other phrases you mention, "Great White Hope" has a pretty specific meaning:
The phrase "great white hope," which is also the title of a 1967 play, referred to the search for a white boxer to unseat Jack Johnson, an African-American, as world heavyweight champion in 1908. Johnson's victory had infuriated racist whites, who began calling for a "great white hope" to overthrow him. The title was eventually handed to Jim L. Jeffries, whom Johnson defeated in their highly publicized fight in 1910.

"I am going into this fight for the sole purpose of proving that a white man is better than a Negro," Jeffries said.
And I'm not upset, I'm highly amused :happy-very:

av8torntn

Come on. Every president eventually is criticized by the media – even one as “transcendent” as Obama. The President’s supporters should engage his critics with facts, not charges of racism. Read on...

That's very true. When you guys start to blame every bit of incompetence on racism it is just a signal that you have no confidence in your policies with good reason I might add and are just trying to use a distraction. The fact is there is plenty of racism on the dimocrats side of the aisle.

fact check

That's very true. When you guys start to blame every bit of incompetence on racism it is just a signal that you have no confidence in your policies with good reason I might add and are just trying to use a distraction. The fact is there is plenty of racism on the dimocrats side of the aisle.
Kettle, meet black.

moreluck

golden ticket member

A driver is stuck in a traffic jam going into downtown Chicago. Nothing is moving north or south.

Suddenly a man knocks on his window. The driver rolls down his window and asks, "What happened, what is

the hold up?"

"Terrorists have kidnapped Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Rosie O'donnell, Nancy Pelosi,

Harry Reid, Jesse Jackson, and Al Sharpton. They are asking for $10 million ransom. Otherwise, they are

going to douse them with gasoline and set them on fire. We are going from car to car, taking a collection".

The driver asks, 'On average, how much is everyone giving?'

"About a gallon".

island1fox

:sad-little:Racism does exist --in certain people's hearts and minds --both LEFT and Right .
I listen to many different media outlets ---msmbc, cnn, fox etc.
I listen to both left and right slant on issues and than I make my decision on where I stand .
What I thought was very sad this past election --was the fact that many people I associate with --voted for President Obama --ONLY --because of his race. They are the same people that will accuse me of racism if I disagree on any issue that President Obama supports .
Is it me ?? Really confusing.
A very close friend of mine --I consider him my "younger brother" --who happens to be Black --has leaned to the right and voted that way since I have known him. He stated to me his views on small gov, lower taxes, partial birth abortion, National security etc.
Just before the election --He informed me that he was voting for Barack Obama. I asked him why --Knowing his views on all big issues. He responded --Because he is BLACK !!!
When I asked him ---If I voted for McCAIN --only because he is white --would you consider that racist ? He told me YES ?????:dissapointed:
Also --the very same people who HATED President Bush --called him every name in the book --nothing he did was good --NOW expect blind following of President Obama --YOU MUST SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.????:peaceful:

klein

Für Meno :)

:sad-little:Racism does exist --in certain people's hearts and minds --both LEFT and Right .
I listen to many different media outlets ---msmbc, cnn, fox etc.
I listen to both left and right slant on issues and than I make my decision on where I stand .
What I thought was very sad this past election --was the fact that many people I associate with --voted for President Obama --ONLY --because of his race. They are the same people that will accuse me of racism if I disagree on any issue that President Obama supports .
Is it me ?? Really confusing.
A very close friend of mine --I consider him my "younger brother" --who happens to be Black --has leaned to the right and voted that way since I have known him. He stated to me his views on small gov, lower taxes, partial birth abortion, National security etc.
Just before the election --He informed me that he was voting for Barack Obama. I asked him why --Knowing his views on all big issues. He responded --Because he is BLACK !!!
When I asked him ---If I voted for McCAIN --only because he is white --would you consider that racist ? He told me YES ?????:dissapointed:
Also --the very same people who HATED President Bush --called him every name in the book --nothing he did was good --NOW expect blind following of President Obama --YOU MUST SUPPORT THE PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.????:peaceful:

I bet it worked both ways though. That some white democrats didn't vote for Obama because he was black.
It happens, you always get that little percentage of people.
Face the true facts though: McCain was way too old to run the country.
And, I guess you can call that another "racist issue" too.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

klein, I voted for McCain and I'm white.
I didn't vote for barry soetoro because he had no experience; first term senator, no military experience, while McCain had experience and military service and many years of public service.
I always vote local & nationally for anyone who is old / retired because its called respecting your elders. Going back to the tribal level rarely did a young person be made chief, because quite frankly no one wanted a fool for their leader.