President Obama!

island1fox

Re: Obamanation here today

:happy2:Klein,
That is your perception of WW2 and I can and will respect your opinion. You should also know that many , many people ----then and now fully believe that it was only a matter of time before Germany defeated England---Winston Churchill for one ----I believe he actually begged the US to get involved ------but it is now all just "HISTORY" and each can and will see it their own way. I want you to know that I am not directing this as a U.S. vs Canada discussion. I believe you are and should be very proud of your great country . This is more directed to people inside or outside MY country that find it so easy to put it down ----"Big Brother ---arrogant etc.
You can believe this or not ---but history shows the US has shed BLOOD and treasure to free people and fight evil more than any country in HISTORY. Unlike the invading empires of Rome,Spain, England,Germany,Soviet Union etc etc ----the only land we have taken ----is the cemetary at Normandy to bury THE BRAVE YOUNG PEOPLE WHO SACRAFICED ALL. You say----BIG BROTHER ---- If you cannot see that the strength of the US ---keeps many of the countries of the world safe and free --I wonder what would happen if Putin decided that all of that oil way up north belonged to Russia. Just like Germany and England ------If you truly believe the United Nations will intervene or Canada could militarily defeat Russia ----there is no more I can say. Again , I want you to understand ---I am not putting down Canada and the sacrafices that many of Canadiens have and will make ---I fully respect that. But the truth is while Canada is strong in so many ways ------It is "BIG BROTHER " THAT WILL NEVER ALLOW Putin to have his way -----you may say this is because it is in the best interests of the U.S. --but again the truth is the truth .
My MAIN POINT has nothing to do with Canada. I am tired of the UNITED STATES BASHING----within but especially OUTSIDE our borders.
Just once a THANK YOU would be appreciated !!!!

island1fox

:wink2:Klein,
P.S.

I know that I am getting "picky" ---but the U.S. does not "STEAL" your Doctors, nurses , Celine Dions etc --they come here freely of their own accord ---in most cases to earn more ----and to them enjoy a better standard of living.
Also I do not not feel it is my place to talk and comment about the Canadian Health care system ----like to say if you speak to many in the province of Ontario --they are sick and tired of People from Pakistan and India --freely coming to your country --with their generation of families in poor health to overburden the Canadian system --create long cues--rationing --high taxes ----bankrupting the system ---- They are your problems ----For you to say THE U.S. SYSTEM LEAVES OUT 27% --FIRST OF ALL --not your problem --secondly why not learn all of the facts:
No one in America is tuRned down for treatment in American Hospitals ---Insured --non insured ---citizens or non citizens ---it is the law.
Anyone who has served in the US military has coverage --many CHOOSE NOT TO.
Any one working for a major company{UPS} has coverage.--many choose not to work.
Many --many of the 27% choose not to pay six dollars per to purchase health care --because they are young --healthy and CHOOSE not to.
Unless you are an expert on all of the facts ----Why don"t you just stick to your own country.
The American Polls reflect ---THE MAJORITY of Americans do not want a Socialized health care system.Repulicans --DEms AND INDEP --
Yesterday Obama tried to use UPS and FEDX vs THE U.S POST OFFICE as how good public and private work together.
He failed to mention the usps is SEVEN BILLION IN DEBT --while UPS and Fx are profitable.Most importantly --He did not mention UNFAIR COMPETETION. The usps has a monopoly on first class mail --whe the stamps are raised 1 cent --that is 1 billion of additional revenue ---iN:sick:stead of improving first class mail monopoly ----they subsidize package rates --One price no matter where you ship ----to unfairly take business away from the Private sector - Very simply --this is an AMERICAN discussion--
We already know that whatever the gov gets involved ---costs more --works less. Please do not take this personally --we agree on many points --the debt the US is building --will increase taxes in the US --"FREE" healt h care will make it much worse.

klein

Für Meno :)

You should also know that many , many people ----then and now fully believe that it was only a matter of time before Germany defeated England---Winston Churchill for one ----I believe he actually begged the US to get involved

I'm certaina lot of English wouldn't agree with you. Besides, mad Hitler made it easy, and declared war to the Americans.

I;m not bashing the states at all. Actually, I stick up for you here lots.
I have more relatives living in the states, then anywhere else.
And actually, I have travelled more of the US, then Canada.
My grandparents met in Leningrad (granddad was german, working there, in the time Russia was actually a democracy, met his russian wife there.
Anyways , my other grandparents, had 7 children (6 girls, 1 boy). The 6 girls married american GI's... and found thier way tot he states. The boy, also went, on his own. My mom, found a german husband, but decided to move to Canada.
Only thing I disagree with lots is your politics, but so do other americans too, ofcourse. (you can't please everyone, ever).
Forein politics ever worse. Mrs Clinton sure should her bad side yesterday.
Who could have thought she can be such a b...tch?

If Obama is smart, he'll play less of being "big Brother". Let Nato, or UN decide, if interference is needed somwone else in the world. Sure have you big say , thats what we need. But also a solution among other countries, that also help foot the bill.

Just on a sideline note: I lived in Germany between the ages of 12-26.
Heard all the war stories, seen the bunkers, my parents had to hide in.
Food factories that have been bombed during the war, to starve germans to surrender. Only very few churchbells are original. They were melted down to make more ammu.
I even been to East Berlin, under communist rule. Wasn't to hard to get in (but had to exchange good currency for useless one) - back then 25 Deutsch Marks per day stay. (todays value about $50) 2 hrs wages.

Going from West Berlin, with high city traffic, neon lights, to East Berlin (dead, no cars, no big store fronts, etc), would be like almost going from NY city to some little town in Russia.

Anyways peace, didn't mean to affend you or the USA at all, otherwise I wouldn't visit it as often as I do. I like it there.:peaceful:

island1fox

KLEIN,
WE AGREE TO AGREE AND DISAGREE ---DOES MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE --you sound like a level headed proud Canadien ----THAT I would be Proud to have a "Beer' with and consider a great neighbor and good friend!!!!!!

klein

KLEIN,
WE AGREE TO AGREE AND DISAGREE ---DOES MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE --you sound like a level headed proud Canadien ----THAT I would be Proud to have a "Beer' with and consider a great neighbor and good friend!!!!!!

Kitchner Octoberfestin Ontario (the biggest in North America) with 15 beer halls seating 3500-7000 each.
I never been there... but playing with the thoughts going there this year.

Sure, I'll have a beer with you. Woulnd't be a good discussion if we agreed upon everything..right ? LOL

Canadian Beer is better, hope you agree with that, but we also pay about tripple then you. :angry:
:cheers:

island1fox

:happy-very:kLEIN,
Correct -------I loved Labatt --used to drink it all the time when I lived in your country !!!!!!! While I still love the occasional beer ----my wife has moved me on to red wine ----probably better for the heart and waistline !!!

klein

Correct -------I loved Labatt --used to drink it all the time when I lived in your country !!!!!!! While I still love the occasional beer ----my wife has moved me on to red wine ----probably better for the heart and waistline !!!

That means you can always come back, if things get tough and rough there. Trust me , the huge US national debt is even here of big concern.
Thats why Harper is out and about, with free trade papers. Signed up with Panama yesterday (as the 8th country sofar this year, alone).

We can't count on Americans to have money to buy our goods, like they used to.

Living here, you know, we always compare us with the states, if not in a discussion, it's on some news or in media.
We share the same continent, and live in many ways just alike.

island1fox

The back and forth is fun even though sometimes we are on the same page --we are always in different books !!!!
Even while your Harper is out and about signing up trade deals ----the fact that American's now do not have the money to purchase your goods --should be less of a concern.
My major concern is that a "superpower" in so much debt -----will have to drastically cut somewhere ---I GUARANTEE --with OBAMA
it will be our military might. Some in the world will think that is great --maybe even you and some --not all Canadiens.
When as you sometimes refer to us "BIG BROTHER" --when Obama transforms us to "LITTLE SISTER" --Trade and goods will not be my biggest fear -----I believe we will both be in for a "BUTT KICKING" !!!!!:sad-little:

klein

The back and forth is fun even though sometimes we are on the same page --we are always in different books !!!!
Even while your Harper is out and about signing up trade deals ----the fact that American's now do not have the money to purchase your goods --should be less of a concern.
My major concern is that a "superpower" in so much debt -----will have to drastically cut somewhere ---I GUARANTEE --with OBAMA
it will be our military might. Some in the world will think that is great --maybe even you and some --not all Canadiens.
When as you sometimes refer to us "BIG BROTHER" --when Obama transforms us to "LITTLE SISTER" --Trade and goods will not be my biggest fear -----I believe we will both be in for a "BUTT KICKING" !!!!!:sad-little:

Islander :
Manufacturing sector is out, has been that way for a few years, since Global trade.
Our 2 manufacturing provinces (Ontario and Quebec) are doing the worse.
The richest are now western Canada, and even the east coast (with deep sea oil).
It kinda hurt to see the Levi Jeans plant leaving this city for Indonesia.
IBM left us as well, with 2000 jobs going to India .

It's now oil, lumber, agriculture paying off.
Who can manufacture cheaper then asian countries , such as China and Indonesia ?
But, they need the raw material and food, which Canada has plenty of.
Thats why western Canada is doing so well. We have that all.
Personally, I can't see Canada going broke, as the 2nd largest Oil producer in the world. And the largest producer of uranium. Besides, having more natural resources and raw materials then any other country in the world.
We will make it out of this.
The US, on the other hand, has to reley more on manufacturing sector then anything else, and that is scary.

island1fox

:happy-very:Klein,
Once again your last response to my previous post made me laugh.
Please look again ------as most Liberals do -you ignore the main point --SECURITY--even if I agree that Canada has a good deal of resources ----If the U.S. weakens its military because of huge debt ---continued uncontrolled OBAMA spending ---Canada's resources could easily taken by next EMPIRE building country ---such as China or a seemingly again very agressive RUSSIA -with PUTIN pulling the strings behind the curtain. Of course most Liberals feel that EVIL will always remain in check because of the very strong UNITED NATIONS.
Botton line --if Obama decides to drastically reduce the military to pay the debt --Look at your military --Maybe you can --but I would bet alot of people in the world will sleep alot less soundly --waiting for the wolf at the door !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA
from a Proctor & Gamble exec.

Dear President Obama:
You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.
You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.
You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.
You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.
You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.
You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.
You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.
You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.
You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.
You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.
You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.
You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.
You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.
You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.
You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.
You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.
You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.
You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.
You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.
You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.
Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.
Lou Pritchett

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA
from a Proctor & Gamble exec.

Dear President Obama:
You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.
You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.
You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.
You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.
You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.
You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core.
You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.
You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.
You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America ' crowd and deliver this message abroad.
You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.
You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.
You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.
You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.
You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.
You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.
You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.
You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.
You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.
You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.
You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.
Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.
Lou Pritchett
Well, it's "true" that it was written by Lou Pritchett, but beyond that it just seems like fear-mongering gibberish. He doesn't offer any evidence to support his assertions, and lines like You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient. are pretty laughable.
He could have saved some ink by shortening it down to one line:
You scare me because you're black.
At least that would have been honest.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Well, it's "true" that it was written by Lou Pritchett, but beyond that it just seems like fear-mongering gibberish. He doesn't offer any evidence to support his assertions, and lines like You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient. are pretty laughable.

How about you explaining line -by-line some facts to disprove Pritchett's fears ?

moreluck

golden ticket member

"You scare me because you're black.
At least that would have been honest"

Not true, because Michael Steele doesn't scare me !!!!!!!!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member

HB 1388 PASSED and you lose

You just spent $20,000,000 to move members/supporters of Hamas, a terrorist organization, to the United States ; housing, food, the whole enchilada.

HB 1388 PASSED

Whether you are an Obama fan, or not, EVERYONE IN THE U. S. needs to know....

Something happened.... H.R. 1388 was passed, behind our backs. You may want to read about it.. It wasn ' t mentioned on the news... just went by on the ticker tape at the bottom of the CNN
screen.

Obama funds $20M in tax payer dollars to immigrate Hamas Refugees to the USA . This is the news that didn ' t make the headlines...

By executive order, President Barack Obama has ordered the expenditure of $20.3 million in "migration assistance" to the Palestinian refugees and "conflict victims" in Gaza .

The "presidential determination", which allows hundreds of thousands of Palestinians with ties to Hamas to resettle in the United States , was signed and appears in the Federal Register.

Few on Capitol Hill, or in the media, took note that the order provides a free ticket replete with housing and food allowances to individuals who have displayed their overwhelming support to the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) in the parliamentary election of January 2006.

Let's review....itemized list of some of Barack Obama ' s most recent actions since his inauguration:

His first call to any head of state, as president, was to Mahmoud Abbas, leader of Fatah party in the Palestinian territory.

His first one-on-one television interview with any news organization was with Al Arabia television.

His first executive order was to fund/facilitate abortion(s) not just here within the U. S. , but within the world, using U. S. tax payer funds.

He ordered Guantanamo Bay closed and all military trials of detainees halted.

He ordered overseas CIA interrogation centers closed.

He withdrew all charges against the masterminds behind the USS Cole and the "terror attack" on 9/11.

Now we learn that he is allowing hundreds of thousands of Palestinian refuges to move to, and live in, the US at American taxpayer expense.

These important, and insightful, issues are being "lost" in the blinding bail-outs and "stimulation" packages.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON... AMERICA NEEDS TO KNOW

WE are losing this country at a rapid pace.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

How about you explaining line -by-line some facts to disprove Pritchett's fears ?
There's no logical reason to try and "disprove" the fear filled gibberish of a frightened old man. The burden of proof is on the person making the claim, not his audience. If you claimed that the moon was made of cheese, it would be incumbent on you to provide some evidence of that, not on me to prove that it isn't.
If you think that, line by line, you can support this letter with facts, have at it. You can start by providing some real, factual evidence that Obama thinks he is "both omnipotent and omniscient".
Good luck.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

Again, who is making this a racist issue? In my experience when race is mentioned it is usually by those who support Obama..

This President is being judged just like any other president...some agree with him, some don't.:biting:

To use race to support your argument undermines your credibility, weakens your argument and in the end only drives us further apart!:sad-little:

Did somebody say fear mongering??...:peaceful:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Again, who is making this a racist issue? In my experience when race is mentioned it is usually by those who support Obama..

This President is being judged just like any other president...some agree with him, some don't.:biting:

To use race to support your argument undermines your credibility, weakens your argument and in the end only drives us further apart!:sad-little:

Did somebody say fear mongering??...:peaceful:
I'm not making an argument, there's no argument to be made here. You either share in Louis Pritchett's delusions ( I strongly suspect that in addition to his other ravings, he's a "birther"), or you don't.
The man says he's lived under 13 presidents, and now all of a sudden he's terrified? There's only one really noticeable difference between Obama and his predecessors, and it's pretty obvious that's really the thing that scares poor, terrified Mr Pritchett.

I don't support too many of Obama's policy decisions to date, but then I didn't vote for him anyway. I didn't support too many of Bush's policies either. In neither case do I think it's acceptable to make up nonsensical crap like Pritchett's letter as a substitute for reasoned discussion.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned

I'm not making an argument, there's no argument to be made here. You either share in Louis Pritchett's delusions ( I strongly suspect that in addition to his other ravings, he's a "birther"), or you don't.
The man says he's lived under 13 presidents, and now all of a sudden he's terrified? There's only one really noticeable difference between Obama and his predecessors, and it's pretty obvious that's really the thing that scares poor, terrified Mr Pritchett.

Blatant socialism?

the eaze with which he spent 3 trillon dollars?

Michele wearing shorts and slapping queens on the back?

scripted townhall meetings?

Setting up a white house snitch line?

Official white house spammers?

Moving hard core terrorists to freedom via our court system?

A country run by a teleprompter.

Suppression of political debate by crying racist?

Oh heck I'm out of Ideas:happy-very: