President Obama!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Re: Obamanation here today

Hello Toby, welcome to Brown Cafe.

d PS, considered mooning because sign language would be the only way of communication available at the time ;)

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Mooning? How old are you? Do you consider that action towards anyone with power i.e. your supervisor? Grow up.

You mentioned a UPS-only meeting in your earlier post but now you seem to have issue that the meeting is with the people under another company's employ...

Sigh.

He said "moon Airforce One". Not a person.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

You did not lock up shop and even go try to see the Messiah, Oh sigh. :speechless:
Now I know what my parents meant when they would say "What is this world coming to"
They were hard working democrats. They would have a bird right now. Im glad they are not here to see this.
I had enough with government health care when my Mom and Dad were on Medicare. While it was a big help, you really had to know how to deal with it, to use it properly. I think it could be made better, and should be. And for the truly in need of healthcare, they should work on reforming it, instead of making us all go on it!
For the 15% or so of Americans, who have non or not satisfied with their health care, why do we need to screw up whats working for us.
As long as I can I will work to keep my private insurance.
I certainly dont want my Husband who is chronically Ill to have to deal with Obamacare.
And I have a real problem with "end of life care" Dont we have a word for that already? Its called hospice.
Senior citizen care is a respectable label for aging Americans. I think when you hit 60 or so, You pretty much know you have less left than you did before. Do we really need that term? I think it sucks.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member

Doesn't this belong in Politics?

Did GWB ever visit your area? The lockdown was much worse, take it from one who's been there.

Do you think the president should not travel around the country, maybe just spend the Summer in Texas cutting brush?

Can't please all the people all the time.

I wish he would spend his time cutting brush, or doing something equally as constructive.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

If you u are really interested in seeing why something as drastic as health care reform needs to happen, check out a documentary called IOUSA. Whoever has the top dogs job is just going to upset a lot of people while trying to figure out how to keep things from coming off the rails. If this doesn't get taken care of it will dwarf any other single factor in our economy. I think the main reason the situation looks so much worse right now is that we are all paying the attention to it that has been put off for too long.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

Do you think the president should not travel around the country, maybe just spend the Summer in Texas cutting brush?
Not really. Back before TV, it was something he had to do to be able to communicate. Now days, its to try to fleece the people, and smile at them while doing it. A real waste of time. Especially when you spend that kind of money to spend 45 minutes with 125 people.

As far as bush, not a real fan of his. A very big disappointment. As have all the presidents since Reagan.

As for health care, that is a sore subject with me.

I have someone that is close to the family who owns his own business. Actually, since he has no insurance, the business is in his wifes name, in case he gets sick, they cant take the business away. To keep the business showing very little income, he is the major income earner at the business.

His wife and kids were on Tenn care. For the whole time from birth through as far as they went in school. And of course, he is uninsured.

Part of that millions that dont have insurance.

Funny thing Tenn Care, they did an article here about what it cost tax payers in our area per year for Tenn Care, $2300 and change for each tax payer is what it cost. So my wife and I were paying $4600 plus each year in taxes just to cover people like them.

During that time, they bought a house, remodeled it twice, added on to the house twice, built a two car garage, bought a houseboat on the lake, a ski boat, two ski jets, two golden wings, and pretty much bought a new car every other year.

But yet some how, they didn't have the money for insurance? Somehow that just isn't right.

I dont mind helping people that need help. But the tens of thousands they spent on living high on the hog, while they forced us to pick up the tabs on medical care, should have been spent on their needs.

And of course, they are really looking forward to our new promise of federal healthcare.........

d

Overpaid Union Thug

Was thinking about going out on the front porch as he flies by to land, and moon Air force one. But I have too much respect for the pilots.

The "town hall" meeting is closed to only Kroger employees. There will not be anyone that might disagree with him allowed, and the good employees know they will lose their jobs should they not play nice.

Just another "public" photo op of the savior in action.

d

Definitely moon Air Force One because Obama chose two Marines as his pilots. BOOOOOOOOO!

gopack

After 8 years of W. its hard for me to criticize Obama who's only been in office for 6 months. If he's able to turn this economy around it may take 2 years to do it. I just wake up every day and thank Darwin that Palin is far away from the the Whitehouse. I guess that witch doctor who made up a chant to protect her from witchcraft (You actually can view it on youtube just type in the search Palin, witchcraft) should of got out his voodo doll and went after Obama.

TheDick

When GHW came through for a fundraising gig. My buddy parked his van on his property close to the road and did his weekly bike ride. He comes back and finds SecretService searching it for a bomb and whatnot(they picked the lock). Not to mention it took me a hour and a half longer to RTB.

Our fellow americans need healthcare plain and simple.

FedEX 4 Life

I think Obama is doing great.The health plan idea is a good idea.Let the rich pay for it.The government will run thier new health plan just fine the same way they run all thier other programs.Medicaid,Medicare,Social Security,all are just fine.I dont see why everyone is complaining.Most small companies will probably stop providing thier coverage and then we can all have the government health care.Just look at all the countries that do have free coverage like Canada and France.Its awesome over there.

satellitedriver

Did GWB ever visit your area? The lockdown was much worse, take it from one who's been there.

No, he should stay in Washington cutting down Bush.
It is the only claim to power that he has.

Obviously, you have missed the message.
Obama can !!!

Except for the people that have to pay the bills.
What the hell. they are rich and can afford it.
Power to the peoples.:laughing:

M

Mike23

I think Obama is doing great.The health plan idea is a good idea.Let the rich pay for it.The government will run thier new health plan just fine the same way they run all thier other programs.Medicaid,Medicare,Social Security,all are just fine.I dont see why everyone is complaining.Most small companies will probably stop providing thier coverage and then we can all have the government health care.Just look at all the countries that do have free coverage like Canada and France.Its awesome over there.

Umm, except we occasionally have people fall dead in our emergency rooms from waiting for 8 hours to see a doctor (true stories).

tieguy

Banned

time for Obama to do some more bush or limbaugh bashing to take the attention off of his failures as presdent.

outamyway

My sarcasm meter was fooled there for a moment:wink2: