Production bonus

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by 407steward, Aug 17, 2012.

?

Would Ups be safer without it or with it??

Poll closed Aug 17, 2013.
  1. With it

15.8%
  2. Without it

84.2%
  1. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Would it be safer with it or without it??

2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Really?

3. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Really what??????? Beautiful lady who I ccouldn't wait till she came back and am so glad she did.

4. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

I don't think the safety aspect would change, but I think customer service would increase without it.

5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Wouldn't change anything without bonus. Plenty of Centers voted out bonus but you still have guys running 2 hours under, coming in early working off the clock, skipping lunch etc.

6. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

For non-bonus centers. Is there still discipline for padding numbers, If there is no financial benefit? We have had a several drivers terminated for stealing time by padding which gave them a bigger bonus, but not necessarily more time on the clock.

7. dcdriver

dcdriver nations capital

it does not matter

8. TearsInRain

TearsInRain part-time bossman

i don't think safety has anything to do with it

9. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

ff your bonus WE HAVE A CONTRACT WAKE UP

10. DS

DS Fenderbender

It's just wrong.

11. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

just keep not thinking

12. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Think about the runners in your center?
    What corners do they cut?
    Do they falsify their time cards?
    Skip lunches plus break?
    Have bad customer service?
    F----uck the guys in their loop because it's all about them?
    Try to pawn off their work (or the work that they think cuts their bonus)??
    leave their misloads at on of your pickups without telling someone?
    Have to be off at 4:30 no matter what?
    Steal your work so your route he's cut?
    Tell on you to help themselves ?
    Leave before their startimes?

13. PACNW

PACNW Member

I don't think it would make a difference in my center. The people that want to get off early do it for just that reason, to get off early. The bonus is just bonus. They would still hustle to get off early without it. Nobody I know does it for the $$$, but it is nice to have. Why give it back to the company? There is no real consistancy with it anyway, but if they are going to offer it, I won't turn it down if it shows up on my check. If I don't get any this week, who cares? I wasn't counting on it anyway.

14. TearsInRain

15. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

This sounds about right. My center is not bonus but if we were it might make a difference for a handful out of 60 guys. Me not being one of them. Just pay me for how long I work.

16. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Att: Tears in the rain

Boy, you've been around for like two weeks give it some time. You have experienced very little I can tell by your posts give it some time grasshopper.

17. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I'm actually kinda split on it. The way I look at bonus is like finding a 20 on the ground and I didn't do anything different that day to walk over it. Now some people look at bonus as hanging out at the bank hoping that someone drops the same 20 as they put their money away, they purposely look for ways to get it. The latter are the ones compromising their safety. As someone who could care less if I find the 20 on the ground, I'd have no problem with them taking it out.

18. TearsInRain

not every center is created equal

some are better like mine, some are :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:ty like yours apparently

19. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Maybe Im missing something... Here we are not a bonus center... IE has set the standard on how long it is supposed to take to run a route by using the methods right? If you do it perfect you should be running right at scratch? If you do it faster there has to be a reason right? Somewhere the methods are being violated to get done faster. Is that safer? Just sayin

20. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

First off, your poll is a Non Sequitur.

I have worked in a bonus center all my job/ career.
    I have never f'd another driver to get in early.
    Before EDD,-( and the "new" time study)- I averaged 4hrs bonus a week and worked about 45hrs a week, without running or skipping lunch.
    Now, I work 50 to 55hrs a week-(on average)- and make 00.50hrs bonus, without running and skipping lunch.
    Safety is a personal habit.
    All the changes I have seen at UPS have never effected my work ethic.
    My desire to come home safe and sound always came first.
    Bonus, or no bonus ,means Jack, when it comes to safety.
    If your Poll was worded,
    "Does a bonus center make a driver act unsafely?", my answer would be
    No.
    I am proud of the fact that I am a "Circle of Honor" 25yr safe driver and being in a bonus center had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012