UPS Plans to Cut Non-Driver Jobs to Mitigate Union Labor Costs

worldwide

The new contract may be good for some but for others, perhaps not so much.
  • The company plans to discuss “headcount reductions” at an investor-day meeting in March
  • UPS cited “material productivity opportunities” at a breakfast meeting on Thursday with analysts
  • The job cuts would allow UPS to lower labor costs beginning in year two of the new labor contract, and the overall union workforce of about 300,000 currently may be lower at the end of the five-year contract

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
We're a small center and have 4. I really don't know why since most of them are gone by 2pm and I'm not being hyperbolic.
Yeah not sure what they exactly do anymore , run a misload on their way home maybe.

They’re definitely not “ on road” as there name implies

I’ll miss them dearly
✊🧔‍♂️

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Offer them driving jobs or they can leave ..we need drivers not more belt watchers and seat warmers/misload chasers

goodbye @Dragon , nice knowing ya buddy

You’ve never even drove a UPS truck lololololol
✊🧔‍♂️

PT Car Washer

• The company plans to discuss “headcount reductions” at an investor-day meeting in March
  • UPS cited “material productivity opportunities” at a breakfast meeting on Thursday with analysts
  • The job cuts would allow UPS to lower labor costs beginning in year two of the new labor contract, and the overall union workforce of about 300,000 currently may be lower at the end of the five-year contract
We have a FT car washer on disability soon to retire and another FT car washer laid off While the PT car washers and 22.3 are still working. Keep telling us how they have to reduce hours.

If they want eliminate labor costs get rid of my dispatcher because she's a complete idiot
You could let AI do dispatching

That's complete waste of money

my on road , he doesn't even know where my route is

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of people

textat3

translation…..”pretty much 75% of ops sups are done….we haven’t officially decided who what when and where yet, but it’s coming soon….can’t give them too much advance notice or they will roll out before peak.