UPS Plans to Cut Non-Driver Jobs to Mitigate Union Labor Costs

Brownwind

We have a 25 year seniority FT car washer laid off.
We just got word that we can use the wash button on the Diad and take a few minutes to clean up the truck. They don’t want us to abuse it.
We don’t have a regular car wash. Usually just ask and they will spray the truck. Changing priorities I guess

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
We just got word that we can use the wash button on the Diad and take a few minutes to clean up the truck. They don’t want us to abuse it.
We don’t have a regular car wash. Usually just ask and they will spray the truck. Changing priorities I guess

50% of the drivers will say it’s a human rights violation to make us do 5 minutes of extra work washing our own cars. The other 50% will take an hour and a half washing their car and file 9.5 on it.

RangerMan06

50% of the drivers will say it’s a human rights violation to make us do 5 minutes of extra work washing our own cars. The other 50% will take an hour and a half washing their car and file 9.5 on it.
And ie will say it's cost effective to pay drivers overtime and penalty pay rather than another part timer

textat3

The fact that UPS moved management from pension to 401k is all you need to know. The type of pension we get in 639 is nuts.

muthatrucka

UPS managment only understand numbers. If it takes me less time and money to do something they will just let me do it, but if I'm making far too much money, they might just allow the person who is actually supposed to be washing cars to do it.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Those part timers better start filing on supervisors working if they know what's good for them.
$1.40 a minute and these hubrats rather be cool with the supervisor and “not snitch/start trouble.” Meanwhile a member is getting paid just a tad bit more via a mistake and we got members being rats and trying to file grievances on said member. I have no hopes for the hopeless.