PT package handler questions

PT Car Washer

My building does around 85k a day in volume....however many trailers that is. I'm not an unloader....yesterday was the first time I've ever set foot inside a trailer at UPS in almost a decade. I was covering for an understaffed Saturday sort and was working as directed.
Daysort ran 82,000 this morning. I worked 7 hours bagging smalls.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Twi sort starts at 2pm here.. Sup asked if I can come in. I said no, I have a full time job away from here. He got pretty pissy from that answer. I informed him twi is scheduled from 5-10.. I'm available those hours I signed up for.. Unless you're able to move me to permanent full time, I'll see you at 5.. :)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Twi sort starts at 2pm here.. Sup asked if I can come in. I said no, I have a full time job away from here. He got pretty pissy from that answer. I informed him twi is scheduled from 5-10.. I'm available those hours I signed up for.. Unless you're able to move me to permanent full time, I'll see you at 5.. :)
You have a solid plan to make your FT qualifying easy when it comes.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, I should lose the job that pays the bills for the part time job that pays nothing, for an extra $30 a day for one month? Get the friend outta here.. You're speaking like a sup.. Ohhh wait... :/ :censored2:..
I take it this is your first peak. I have never been "asked to come in". I am told my start time for the week and work as directed.
That's like me saying...well, preload starts around 4am 11 months outta the year...so I can't come in at midnight now. It depends on your supplement. Mine says we have to submit a written request for each peak week you want to avoid having OT.....AND it is approved solely at the discretion of management. Just showing up 3 hours late....have fun with that. They'll discipline your ass for attendance and find some other schmuck to replace you who will come in when instructed.

Last edited:

AutoZone

BrownPower
I take it this is your first peak. I have never been "asked to come in". I am told my start time for the week and work as directed.
That's like me saying...well, preload starts around 4am 11 months outta the year...so I can't come in at midnight now. It depends on your supplement. Mine says we have to submit a written request for each peak week you want to avoid having OT.....AND it is approved solely at the discretion of management. Just showing up 3 hours late....have fun with that. They'll discipline your ass for attendance and find some other schmuck to replace you who will come in when instructed.
And no.. This is my 5th peak..