Pulled off bid route

By The Book

All of you were assuming the cover driver would struggle on the route, thus entitling the bid driver who was moved to the OT that was paid.

What if the cover driver came in early?
I wasn't. If they move a driver from bid to cover they pay the difference on the clock to the bid driver. The cover driver has no grievance.

UPSGUY72

So let's say driver A has a bid route. He is pulled off his bid route to cover a route he knows. Driver B has less seniority than driver A and covers his route. Driver A is done after 8.5 hours, driver B works 11. Can driver A file for the over time driver B acquired whole covering his route?

First of all break out your contract and read your supplement. As rules very by area about this subject. Also talk to your steward...

However if you came in and they asked you do another route because you where the only one that knows it and you agreed you have no grievance as you agreed to do it..

By The Book

First of all break out your contract and read your supplement. As rules very by area about this subject. Also talk to your steward...

However if you came in and they asked you do another route because you where the only one that knows it and you agreed you have no grievance as you agreed to do it..
I guess it depends on what your definition of being pulled off a bid route is.....two hands with a witness? I agree about the contract agreement between the parties.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Your the boss tell me what you want me to do
Let the chips fall where they may
It's not that difficult

UPSGUY72

Your the boss tell me what you want me to do
Let the chips fall where they may
It's not that difficult

Like I said the rules differ by area. In general you can't force a driver to do another route unless there route is cut. Contract language on that subject may vary by located.

In my building we ask drivers to cover different routes at times and when we do we call them 1 hr before start time when we are finalizing the staffing. We ask them if they run a different route for the day or not so there is no surprise when they come in if they say no we find someone else.

By The Book

Like I said the rules differ by area. In general you can't force a driver to do another route unless there route is cut. Contract language on that subject may vary by located.

In my building we ask drivers to cover different routes at times and when we do we call them 1 hr before start time when we are finalizing the staffing. We ask them if they run a different route for the day or not so there is no surprise when they come in if they say no we find someone else.
I'm on a I'll call you basis. If you call me before start time you might as well put me on the clock.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
They pull the "what's best for the company" line in driver a's center. Seniority greviences go no where in driver a's hub as its not a payable grevience.
They say that but then bust out a route 20 minutes before start time and screw the customers with late deliveries and early pickups... Yep... What's best for the company... Line of bs

SmithBarney

This said cover driver doesn't know my route so I can't vouch for him personally, but driver A said the cover guy takes an extra 1.5hr to do his route. The fact the cover guy sucks is probably why they would rather not put him blind on the route driver A knows.

How is Driver B ever going to learn if UPS won't let them... :)