Question about current insurance.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I'm sick as a dog today, can I go to the doctor and use my regular insurance? I know it's suppose to change for part timers with the new contract. I read up on it back when everyone voted on it but since it took so long when will the new insurance take place. I don't want to go to the doctor today and not be able to use Blue Cross.

Nimnim

The Nim
Apparently insurance will not change until June 1st. Use it now if you have to without worry. If you wait then it might be an issue.

upschuck

Yes you can. June 1, 2014 is effective date for the new, enhanced Teamcare. Are you not Teamcare already? Things shouldn't change if you are, just upgraded prescription, and lower deductibles. I wonder if all already paid deductibles will be credited for the rest of the year, or if it will be a fresh start?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I will be switching to team care. At least that is what it said in the info they sent out last year. Part timers here are Blue Cross Blue Shield as of right now. Thanks for the info though, I will be going to the doctor today then.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes you can. June 1, 2014 is effective date for the new, enhanced Teamcare. Are you not Teamcare already? Things shouldn't change if you are, just upgraded prescription, and lower deductibles. I wonder if all already paid deductibles will be credited for the rest of the year, or if it will be a fresh start?

Does everyone get the "enhanced" Teamcare? I have seen posts about Teamcare being better for some locals depending on what local and whether they are new to the plan. And not as good for others.