Question about snow

Ring Sport

I always thought they just found people in the hub on snow days that are willing to lend a helping hand throughout the day.

FedEx3.jpg

Thebrownstreak

In the 8 years that I've driven we only closed 1 day and we got 12 inches overnight...a lot of feeder didn't make it to our center. 4 other occasions the called us off the road on days we received 8 inches. My route was 2 hours from our center..it took me 7 hours to her back to center....ended up working almost 13 hours that day. So to answer your question...yes they close, but it's rare

Z

ZQXC

Hard to answer your question. It has only snowed once here in the last 30 years. It was during the day and I was on the route that day. It was just very light flurries that did not stick. Lost about an hour, when I broke off from my rural stops to come back to town for bread and milk. Took me 40 minutes to get back to the center that day, but it always takes me 40 minutes.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Thirty years with the company and I have never seen my center close due to weather. Opened late once and called in off the road several times but never for a whole day.