Question about snow

UPSGUY72

the last time they called a State of emergency. I was out delivering they told to sheet everything left in the car as EC and get back to the building and be punched out by 2:00 pm. I just made it onto the mass pike before they closed it down for my 52 mile drive home. There wasn't anyone else on the pike including snow plows I had it all to myself. The tolls booths where empty if you got on it was a freebie.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

We had a winter from hell last year and we were only closed once. We get a lot of blowing snow in my area so even when they plow it all just ends up back on the road. I think we ended up with 20 inches of snow. Took me 45 minutes to drive a mile in it. Though we were probably closed because they shut down the interstates in the entire state so no feeders came close to making it to us. Plenty of 12 inch+ days where we were open though. God bless the drivers for working through it.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We are routinely called off the rd. When we have snow . Usually 6 inches or more. 8 hrs. We have had the building closed 3 times. The first after the drivers got to the building. They had to pay us. Now if the county calls a state of emergency we are not allowed to run. They call us early

A couple of years ago we got hit with a pretty bad one two punch of ice and snow. They closed I-70 and my HUB (Earth City, MO). That is the only time in my 20 years that has happened.