Question about vacation hours

AZChris

I have read on here that in some areas vacation pay is based on something other than hourly rates time vacation hours.

Yep.I just explained that in my last post.

They give you 40 hours of vacation time, but they pay you based on how many hours you worked per week during the year.

I worked with a guy who learned that the hard way.He missed a bunch of time and got behind on bills.Came back around his anniversary date and saw that he had 160(4 weeks worth of vacation time) hours of vacay time and thought it was the answer to his problems.Cashed all his weeks out and only received like $90 per check.He wasn't aware that they based it on how many hours you put in per week during the year.

He thought it would be 160 times his pay rate.Nope

clean hairy

In the Southern, it is a straight 45 hours per week vacation for full time, and 20 hours per week for part time.
Regardless of how many hours you worked the previous year.

AZChris

Just an update.

Called HR on Thursday.Told me they'd take a look into it, but never called me back.

Woke up this morning and had a hunch to go on UPSERS and check my "Time Off Viewer" (Thanks @UpstateNYUPSer ) and magically my full slate of vacay hours were in there.

My guess is HR corrected it, but failed to let me know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just an update.

Called HR on Thursday.Told me they'd take a look into it, but never called me back.

Had a hunch to go on UPSERS and check my "Time Off Viewer" (Thanks @UpstateNYUPSer ) and magically my full slate of vacay hours were in there.

My guess is HR corrected it, but failed to let me know.

No problem----glad it all worked out for you.

Do yourself a favor-----print out that page and make sure that today's date is clearly visible somewhere on the page-----put it someplace safe. It may come in handy somewhere down the line.

AZChris

No problem----glad it all worked out for you.

Do yourself a favor-----print out that page and make sure that today's date is clearly visible somewhere on the page-----put it someplace safe. It may come in handy somewhere down the line.

Thank you kindly sir.Appreciate all the info you shared with me.

Wish you the best of luck(Except week 1 of the NFL season.Cards fan) !