Receptionist told me she called complaint on other driver..lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Customers with grease on their hands appreciate that I don't make them stop what they are doing and wipe off/wash their hands before signing the DIAD.
Customers with dogs appreciate that I give out biscuits and don't make them stop what they are doing in order to secure their dog before signing the DIAD.

soberups

If that were true I would have been gone a long time ago.
If you feel comfortable putting your job on the line like that, more power to you.

I have a wife with medical issues who needs the good insurance and wages that my job provides. I don't think I have the right to jeopardize her future by taking stupid risks with my job, especially when I gain nothing by taking those risks except for working less hours and earning a smaller paycheck.

Tiny Panda

That's BS!

No driver should ever go into restricted areas.

You're not special

I do, if nobody is around then i'll walk into an office etc.

If it's restricted then it'll be locked or similar so you won't be able to get in there anyway.

I had someone once say to me i was walking into a secure area only security cleared personal are allowed in (was a bonded warehouse) I pointed out by allowing me to walk in they had already breached 2 major security regulations but not having a secure door and not having controlled access. At the time i was airside cleared so probably had more security clearance than he did.

iowa boy

I just DR it if nobody is around to sign and I've never had any problems doing this.

This is what I do. Better to DR and get a letter for failure to follow whatever method they choose to use, than get fired for forging a signature.

My wifes shoe habit needs me to work.

soberups

I just DR it if nobody is around to sign and I've never had any problems doing this.
You are creating billing problems for the shipper due to the residential vs. commercial rate discrepancy, and you are exposing yourself to the liability of having to pay a claim on a package due to your negligence in not following proper methods. I know of 2 guys in my building who "never had a problem" doing that either, right up until they got clipped for over $1,000 each. They don't do it any longer.

soberups

This is what I do. Better to DR and get a letter for failure to follow whatever method they choose to use, than get fired for forging a signature.

My wifes shoe habit needs me to work.
Your center should have pads of these things called "delivery notices" that you can carry around in your pocket. They have a sticky strip on the back and a bar code you can scan and boxes you can check to let the customer know that you will try again tomorrow to get a signature. They work great. Try them sometime.

T

Turdferguson

Your center should have pads of these things called "delivery notices" that you can carry around in your pocket. They have a sticky strip on the back and a bar code you can scan and boxes you can check to let the customer know that you will try again tomorrow to get a signature. They work great. Try them sometime.
What color are they? So I can look for these magical pads