RECORD ONLINE SALES BLACK FRIDAY!

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
This will be my first year as an insider going out. We literally have no people. They couldn't even secure enough seasonal drivers. No idea what they're gonna do. We don't even have enough bodies for unload or the sort, and Monday is gonna be +700% volume more than a medium-heavy day.

We're actually short on package cars. The amount of Uhauls we have set up on the main belt is staggering.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
This year is the year that UPS’s gamble of working its employees like machines in a factory catches up to them. My building has been working 14hr days all year. As soon as Saturday ground hit our building any and all concern for Work life balance was thrown out the window. We lost five driver in my Center on Friday alone. That’s five drivers quitting in one of four centers on one day.....let that sink in. The building had a goal of 85 new peak drivers by Thanksgiving....we’ve seen maybe 20 and of that we’ve lost almost 15 of them. The homers on here will say “man up” or what ever other bs their coolaid convinced them to say but the truth is they’ve worked a large portion of us into the ground. Yes I’m aware that some of you work in a utopian like brown World where birds help you with your uniform in the morning but for most of us.....the struggle is real. I too will sit back.....and enjoy the show. Cause fellas it’s gonna be epic.

542thruNthru

I am an icon.

You are a PTer.

Truth be told, I shouldn't even be talking to you.

One known through out the land! ;)
DEXATI20171126163110.png

Notcool

Saturdays have become worse than week mon-fri here. Spread out area with 200 stops like I had yesturday in the smallest package car we have was near impossible. Orion first stop in 7s lol no way to get to it. Ran rdo Had to get alot of help. Finisned at 2100. Im going to work Mondays so I run out of hours by sat.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
This year is the year that UPS’s gamble of working its employees like machines in a factory catches up to them. My building has been working 14hr days all year. As soon as Saturday ground hit our building any and all concern for Work life balance was thrown out the window. We lost five driver in my Center on Friday alone. That’s five drivers quitting in one of four centers on one day.....let that sink in. The building had a goal of 85 new peak drivers by Thanksgiving....we’ve seen maybe 20 and of that we’ve lost almost 15 of them. The homers on here will say “man up” or what ever other bs their coolaid convinced them to say but the truth is they’ve worked a large portion of us into the ground. Yes I’m aware that some of you work in a utopian like brown World where birds help you with your uniform in the morning but for most of us.....the struggle is real. I too will sit back.....and enjoy the show. Cause fellas it’s gonna be epic.
Some people are just not mentally tough enough for this job. It's just packages. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Either you finish it, they send help or you bring some back.

Box Ox

Some people are just not mentally tough enough for this job. It's just packages. Doesn't matter how long it takes. Either you finish it, they send help or you bring some back.

The experience probably varies by part of the country. Some folks have a 200 mile route over 14 hours, and some have a 50 mile route over 14 hours. Different degrees of physical and mental pressures on the driver.

Hour 12, 3 more to go, they are indeed asking us to do helper after this until 6pm. 3 seasonal helpers applied 2 passed backgrounds.

Our local Uhaul and budget are out of cars/trucks/vans, so we have white vans with UPS written on white paper taped to the doors in the pouring rain.

Dhydratd

Walked into the building this morning and all the management folk are standing around with these stunned looks on their faces. The building was a disaster! An hour after our start time they finally told us to shut our back doors and go. I'll bet we left 10% of today's volume behind! What a fuster cluck!! The rest of the week is gonna be hell!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
will when the only thing you teach loaders is to stack out and read a chart bad things will happen. A lot of them dont know how to move things around or have enough expirences loaded their trucks.