Republicans

Sportello

Banned
My government fire bombed Dresden.

My government nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Killing men, women and children.

And I am OK with that.

And Oliver Stone is a peace nick lover, who hates the military and all Republicans.

Not exactly an impartial person on this subject.
Textbook example of a logical fallacy.

BrownArmy

I guess you would have let the US lose to Germany and Japan?

How liberal of you.

I don't think this country or theirs would be better places if we let that happen.

Your assumption that we would have lost the war if we hadn't nuked Japan twice or fire-bombed Dresden is more than a little off the mark.

In terms of nuking Japan, the first one did it, the second was gratuitous, and Japan had already lost before that point.

Basically, we wanted to test our 'toy'.

But hey, you do you.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Your assumption that we would have lost the war if we hadn't nuked Japan twice or fire-bombed Dresden is more than a little off the mark.

In terms of nuking Japan, the first one did it, the second was gratuitous, and Japan had already lost before that point.

Basically, we wanted to test our 'toy'.

But hey, you do you.
I have news for you, Japan did not surrender after Nagasaki was nuked.

They were still going to fight and were preparing for an American invasion .

It was after the Soviet Union declared war and invaded the norther Japanese islands, that the Japanese surrendered.

But hey, anything to win the war.

And I mean anything.

It was after the Soviet Union declared war and invaded the norther Japanese islands, that the Japanese surrendered.

And I mean anything.
You still in the mod queue line?

BrownArmy

And I mean anything.

I didn't say anything about surrender, only that we had already won the war at the point, it was just a matter of time.

But you've proved your point, you're a psychopath.

realbrown1

I didn't say anything about surrender, only that we had already won the war at the point, it was just a matter of time.

But you've proved your point, you're a psychopath.
They weren't going to surrender.

Instead of a few hundred thousand Japanese civilian deaths, the American death toll estimate if we invaded would have been around 1million Americans dead and up to 10 million Japanese dead.

You can Monday morning quarterback all you want, but not knowing the actual facts and history of the situation, you just sound naive.

BrownArmy

Instead of a few hundred thousand Japanese civilian deaths, the American death toll estimate if we invaded would have been around 1million Americans dead and up to 10 million Japanese dead.

You can Monday morning quarterback all you want, but not knowing the actual facts and history of the situation, you just sound naive.

There was never a point where we were actually going to invade Japan.

They were cooked, and we knew it.

The bomb was just insult on top of injury.

BrownArmy

Wait, how high are you?

Are you saying we could possibly have sent in 1,000,000 soldiers into Japan?

Put the pipe down.

rickyb

My government fire bombed Dresden.

My government nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Killing men, women and children.

And I am OK with that.

And Oliver Stone is a peace nick lover, who hates the military and all Republicans.

Not exactly an impartial person on this subject.

everyone has their perspectives. saying you are an impartial journalist is nonsense its not possible to get all the POVs. howard zinn opens his peoples history of usa with this point, and chris hedges talks about it too.

you should be concerned with who cares about telling the truth, and if they cant find the truth then get as close to it as possible.

btw i have also heard that nuking japan was unnecessary.

realbrown1

everyone has their perspectives. saying you are an impartial journalist is nonsense its not possible to get all the POVs. howard zinn opens his peoples history of usa with this point, and chris hedges talks about it too.

you should be concerned with who cares about telling the truth, and if they cant find the truth then get as close to it as possible.

btw i have also heard that nuking japan was unnecessary.
You do know that Canada has killed innocent men, women and children during war time.

Doesn't that just make you sick?